Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 Thinq - no Android 9 (Pie) update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LG G7 Thinq - no Android 9 (Pie) update

Still waiting for promised upgrades for phone I had 5 years ago. 

We will get the update After April 1st, after the merger.  Maybe even jump to android 10

The ruling that just allowed the merger to go through, explains why  we are having problems with getting updates.  

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/12/21134278/sprint-tmobile-merger-court-ruling-opinion-decision-expl...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LG G7 Thinq - still running Android 8.0

According to the info provided in the link, it should include the VoLTE in this update.

Screenshot_2020-02-13-13-02-58.png

Highlighted
GrandMaster

nice..they changed it up..still trying to remember where the previous ways were posted but for the life of me i cant remember lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Big deal. It's still ridiculous.

And after April 1, my lease will be up on my G7 Thinq and I'll probably upgrade. The G7 Thinq has been a good, reliable device for me - but probably would have been a lot better if the Andriod updates that a flagship phone *should* get had actually been delivered.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ya, I remember seeing those when I first got my HTC 10, because coming from the HTC M8 H/K I was looking for wifi calling and found out about calling plus. Then found out about it's decommissioning and seeing all the posts about it. I was sad going from a pre-spark Galaxy S3 with SVD(dual radio version) to the HTCs that didn't have that feature, but the speaker quality was worth it.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

ditto. basically they left Wifi Calling in the Calling Plus but pulled the data calling portion..i remember in some cases the manufacturers were having one heck of a time removing only that part and not bricking the phone lol..i got lucky and had it still going on my G6 up until it went belly up on me..VoLTE is pretty nice..super clear i rarely use call/data at the same time unless im traveling but even then its mainly while navigating etc and then taking a call.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Community Manager

LOL!  The merger has nothing to do with software updates.  Contrary to popular belief, Sprint or any carrier does not control the software update schedule.  That is controlled by the manufacturer.  All we do is test payload once it's sent over by the manufacturer and sent it back asking to address issues that were discovered.  If the merger was a problem, then that would not explain why the ATT LG G7 does not have Pie.  If carriers had control of software updates, that would not explain how Apple and Google Pixel devices are able to release software globally at the same time.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kindly check your dm please. @Em_Will_I_Am 

Highlighted
Community Manager

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!  ENJOY SOME PIE THIS WEEKEND!!  😉😊

Highlighted
Community Manager

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!  ENJOY SOME PIE THIS WEEKEND!!  😉

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screenshot_2020-02-14-11-42-45.png

Nope.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been impatiently checking all morning, my device still hasn't pulled the update though 😔
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat