cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 Thinq - no Android 9 (Pie) update

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G7 Thinq - no Android 9 (Pie) update

So Sprint is now changing its tune on this issue, yet *again*. For the past year, the excuse has been "it's LG's fault", even though this phone has been updated to Android 9 on other carriers.

Now, according to Sprint tech support, the excuse is that the Sprint  LG G7 Thinq phones will not get Android 9 until Sprint makes 5G LTE available. What??

It would be really nice to get an honest answer about this, since we are still running Android 8.0 on these flagship phones and Android 10 has already been released. 

59 REPLIES 59
Highlighted

Please check your dm
Highlighted

I still see Oreo.

Screenshot_2020-02-14-11-42-45.png

Highlighted

I see no DMs.

Highlighted

Same here.
Highlighted

Emphasis on "THIS WEEKEND"!!  

Highlighted

@Em_Will_I_Am kindly check your dm please 

Highlighted

• Ah, OK.

Thanks for the info. But forgive me for not getting too excited, considering this update should have been delivered a year ago.

Highlighted

well on the slightly bright side...you now know how the updates are actually handled and where the delay actually came from

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

"this weekend"

so some time between today and Sunday

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I sent a dm to @Em_Will_I_Am and the update left the lab environment today, which means it should be deployed sometime between Saturday or Sunday. 

Just to clarify somethings for you guys.

Highlighted

Finally. So, when are we going to get 10? 😁

Screenshot_20200215-071050.png

Highlighted

Looks like sprint was right it is a LG holding off from doing the update.

Thats why it we didn't get it until they were ready to release VoLTE calling. Definitely LG was holding off releasing it to us for that.

Wonder how stupid sprint thinks we are
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat