Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 Update rendered my phone useless

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G7 Update rendered my phone useless

There was an update a few months back for my LG G7 phone.  After the update neither 4G or LTE works anymore.  I'm stuck with 3G and that's practically useless for modern day purposes.  My phone, which is leased, is pretty much useless and looks like I need to be reimbursed for not only the money I'm paying for the lease but also the $10 data upcharge since there really isn't any sizeable amount of data that can be transferred anymore

Interest in hearing other peoples experience with this.  Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: LG G7 Update rendered my phone useless

what all have you attempted so far to troubleshoot this on your end? and or what have agents had you try so far to fix it? network reset? profile and PRL updates? more than likely the update you are speaking of was kicked out a day over a month ago...im seeing one other poster that reported this but they never responded to the agent that tried to assist them.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I've reset everything, PRL etc...The update has been out over a month and I've had the problems from day one of the update.  Kept thinking it would go away but it has not.  3G is all that is available no matter where I travel even though all the settings are set to accommodate everything

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here! My tablet through Sprint has LTE, but this LG G7 ceased it after Android Pie 9 upgrade. Very frustrating!
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have tried all methods given by tech support when I called them. Nothing has brought the status back to LTE, although my Google Tablet still has it through Sprint.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, no one at sprint seems to care either and is incredibly dismissive.  The need to reimburse us not only for the device, since it no longer functions as advertised, and reimburse us for the monthly data fee they're charging.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey slumpy01 ! I definitely understand how hard this situation may be for you. Does this happen to other Sprint customers around you? Does this happen in multiple locations?

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It appears to only be me, however I am the only one I know with an LG phone.  It seems to be happening with other LG users though judging from these posts.  I am frequently by Sprint's main campus where reception and 4G used to be plentiful,  prior to the update.  It never goes to 4G no matter where I travel

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

This can be an issue related to the device itself. Have you had the device diagnosed at one of our repair centers? 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately repair centers near me take hours to get anything done and I do not have that kind of time.  In addition, I believe due to the coronavirus that many of the locations have limited to no hours at all.  My device no longer functions properly and is it my understanding that Sprint wishes for me to continue to pay a monthly bill for a device that no longer functions properly?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I wasn't suggesting that you bring your device to a store during this crisis. Furthermore, sprint is providing you with unlimited data regardless of the speed. If your device is not working properly it must be diagnosed at a Sprint store to make that determination. Have you tried a master reset on the device? This may be a drastic measure but it's worth a try it if it means the issue can be resolved. For the time being, you will need wait until you are able to visit a Sprint store if Factory resetting the device does not work. 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I go about doing that?  Also, I am being charged an additional $10 a month for high speed data so yes this is a fault of sprint for  not providing what I am paying for

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat