Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 is unlocked from Sprint but cannot configure to get any data

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G7 is unlocked from Sprint but cannot configure to get any data

Hello @Em_Will_I_Am,

I have a LG G7 Thinq (G710PM) that is unlocked from Sprint ("UICC Unlock: The device is unlocked for any SIM card."). I can make calls but I am not able to receive any data. I am not able to configure the APN as is needed for my provider. APN only has "otasn" and is grayed out.

I went to the ##DATA# menu and there is a possibility to edit the APN, but only after entering a 6-digit "Service Code" that I don't know. My provider can't help me and said to ask Sprint for the code.

Please help. Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Social Care

Hi ! Even if a different carrier activates a Sprint device on its network, we do not make any guarantees as to how a Sprint device will perform on another carrier's network or that any or all device features or functions will be fully or partially operational.

Try doing a master reset (this will delete all the info from it) on the device or reset the network settings:

1. From the home screen, tap the Phone icon. 
  2. Dial ##72786#. 
  3. Tap OK.
  4. After the device restarts it will automatically perform Hands Free Activation. ...
  5. The device will then update the PRL. 
  6. The device will check for firmware updates.
Highlighted

I did it and it rebooted. After reboot and entering my SIM pin a message appeared "Activate your device". After 3 minutes this message appeared: "Activation incomplete, this device has not been registered with an account. Please contact your service provider to configure this device for network service."

After this I still need a 6-digit MSL "service code" to change the APN settings. My new provider told me we must change the APN to use data. Can you please provide this code?

Highlighted

I'm sending a PM. 

Highlighted

I can get the MSL code but that'd mean you would need to have an account with us in order for me to go in and get it. Were you previously with us? If you were, I'd need; your name, the account holder's name, a number that was connected to the account and you 6-10 digit PIN. You can also give me the IMEI of your phone. 

Highlighted

I bought the phone from ebay. It has a clean ESN, is SIM unlocked and is not black listed. The IMEI is *****.

Highlighted
Community Manager

PM me your MEID and I can get the service code for you.

@noilion wrote:

Hello @Em_Will_I_Am,

I have a LG G7 Thinq (G710PM) that is unlocked from Sprint ("UICC Unlock: The device is unlocked for any SIM card."). I can make calls but I am not able to receive any data. I am not able to configure the APN as is needed for my provider. APN only has "otasn" and is grayed out.

I went to the ##DATA# menu and there is a possibility to edit the APN, but only after entering a 6-digit "Service Code" that I don't know. My provider can't help me and said to ask Sprint for the code.

Please help. Thank you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello, I am having the exact same problem as the person who started this thread. I have the same model of phone and the same issue of not being able to configure the APN settings without a 6 digit service code. Can you please help me? Thanks.

Highlighted

Good morning! You stated your device is unlock, is it that you're using that device on another network? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, that is correct. From what I can tell I have the same exact problem as the original poster.

Highlighted

When your device is unlock, it does not mean the device and all functions, will work with any or all other carrier(s). Check with your intended carrier for compatibility and support. Even if another carrier activates the device, that device may not function correctly on another carrier's network. Sprint makes no guaranty that it will function correctly on different carrier's network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've checked with them they have said that it's fully compatible. I need to edit the APN settings by dialing ##DATA# to set up their data services but when I try to edit the APN information that is locked out by a prompt asking for a six digit service code. This was like this before I switched sim cards or ended my service.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat