Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 is unlocked from Sprint but cannot configure to get any data

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G7 is unlocked from Sprint but cannot configure to get any data

Hello @Em_Will_I_Am,

I have a LG G7 Thinq (G710PM) that is unlocked from Sprint ("UICC Unlock: The device is unlocked for any SIM card."). I can make calls but I am not able to receive any data. I am not able to configure the APN as is needed for my provider. APN only has "otasn" and is grayed out.

I went to the ##DATA# menu and there is a possibility to edit the APN, but only after entering a 6-digit "Service Code" that I don't know. My provider can't help me and said to ask Sprint for the code.

Please help. Thank you.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Journeyman

em_will_i_am    I'm having this exact problem RN. Can u send me a service code as well and will this help with my APN issue?  I can private message you

my info just need to know how to do that. thanks!

Highlighted

I need my service code as well. How can I private message you? thx

Highlighted

Click my name...Click "Send a Message" and provide your MEID.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Em_Will_I_Am I am having the same issue and have been on the phone for hours with Sprint. Can I give you my information to provide the service code?

Highlighted

Shoot me a PM

Highlighted

any luck?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue and wonder if I can get some help with it. I've always simply changed APN setting in prior phones but for some reason it is grayed out. And, in the ##DATA# APN setting there is no response upon tapping. I wonder if this service code gets me access to what I need to do.

Highlighted

Hi there, even if the device is unlocked we do not make any guarantees as to how a Sprint device will perform on another carrier's network or that any or all device features or functions will be fully or partially operational. Is the device updated to the latest software? 

S.R
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello I'm also having the same issue, could I get the service code. the  APN  only has "otasn" and is grayed out. = I went to the ##DATA# menu and there is a possibility to edit the APN Otasn , but only after entering a 6-digit "Service Code".

Highlighted
Community Manager

PM me your MEID. 

Highlighted

Done

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat