Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 - Can Handle It All - Sprint Product Ambassador

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

hero-phone.png

The LG V20 is a beast right out the door. This device is top of the line flagship handset and its specs include some great features that will allow this phone to handle whatever you throw at it. LG Designed the V20 to utilize the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor. This processor has been used in some of this years top phones Samsung’s S7, HTC 10 and even LG G5 all had this processor in them. What makes the LG v20 different is the overall experience that it provides. 

chip-tiny-810_0.png

The Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chip yields a top clock speed of 2.2 Ghz but for the most part runs around 1.6Ghz. It is a Quad-core CPU running on a 64 bit architecture. Along with the processor it runs the Adreno 530 GPU. The Graphics Processing Unit ( GPU) creates a fluid 3D experience with gaming. It accelerates the rendering of the graphics for the phone. The 530 GPU can handle 50% better graphics performance than its predecessor the 430 GPU. It is up to 40% more efficient and faster in general performance. 

As with all my phones I run a series of benchmark tests to determine the phone's ability to handle its processor and memory available. I like to know where my phone stands in comparison to other devices. I have tested the device using 4 different performance management software each yielded some great results. When I run my tests I do this first before setting up any other application or service. I have minimal services running in the foreground or background so as to not skew my results. 

PCMARK for Android

Utilizing the work 2.0 performance test the application ran its myriad of tests checking processing, picture manipulating, editing ability of documents, navigating interweb and data manipulation. The overall performance yielded a score of 4944. The Average score was running 5003 for the LG V20. In comparison to other devices with the same processor the LG v20 was close to its predecessor the LG G5. 

Screenshot_2016-12-02-19-25-51.pngScreenshot_2016-12-02-19-26-09.pngScreenshot_2016-12-02-19-26-45.png 

3DMark 

With 3DMark I ran the Sling Shot Extreme which utilizes the OpenGL ES 3.1. Graphic tests are based on a 2560 x 1440 screen resolution which is what the LG v20 is equipped with. The program runs 2 types of graphic tests measuring both the GPU performance and the volumetric illumination. It then measures the CPU performance. The LG V20 score again was in line with those running the same Qualcomm Processor. No additional advantage was seen. 

Screenshot_2016-12-02-18-03-57.pngScreenshot_2016-12-02-18-04-15.pngScreenshot_2016-12-02-18-04-57.png  

Geekbench 4

This performance test again measures the GPU's ability and the CPU processing power. Geekbench 4 scores are calibrated against a baseline score of 4000 (which is the score of an Intel Core i7-6600U). Higher scores are better, with double the score indicating double the performance. The LG V20 handled itself quite well with a single-core score of 1572 and Multi-core of 3893. Again it handle itself very well with comparison to others in its class. 

Screenshot_2016-12-02-19-40-56.pngScreenshot_2016-12-02-19-41-18.png

Antutu Benchmark & 3D Rating

This Benchmark application measures multiple layers of evaluation from memory performance, CPU integer Performance, and 2D 3D graphics Performance. The overall results of this test yielded a score of 140858. This score was high enough to yield top remarks stating that user experience for 3D gaming would have a high quality mode experience. CPU processor was deemed High End, with support seen in handling multiple large apps with excellent multitasking. 

Screenshot_2016-12-02-19-55-01.pngScreenshot_2016-12-02-19-55-40.png

The LG V20 processor seems to handle pretty well with comparison to other devices running the same processor. While it is not the top it is high enough and powerful enough to handle anything you throw at it. The Graphics processor was design to be more efficient and still handle high extreme 3D gaming with smooth playback. Ultimately any user who has this device will be impressed with its responsiveness and fast use experience.

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:
        The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

-Your Friendly Amishtech
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat