cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 LS997 APN Issues

Journeyman

LG V20 LS997 APN Issues

Greetings guys... The thing is, can't seem to configure (add or remove) APN in my unlocked V20 ls997. In APN settings, there's just this non-selectable "ota/otasn"... no "3 dots" menu option... nothing. Please help.

21 REPLIES 21
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: LG V20 LS997 APN Issues

Hi Nat! If the phone is locked to Sprint the APN settings are going to be fixed.

Nope. It's  unlocked and actually  works well with non-Sprint Sim

...well, aside from the aforementioned. 

What network are you using that phone on? You'll want to contact them for further support if it's not active on Sprint. 

Okay... but not sure that's the issue.

You see, I actually noticed it connecting to that Sim's mobile data (LTE showed on the network bars) when trying to update PRL and Profile after which it said "...process couldn't be completed...". But apart from that, no Internet service... and guess it's cause I can't (... no option to do so) configure the Access points to the network in question.

But trust you'll work hard to get an acceptable solution to this issue.

What version of Android is that phone currently running?

Oreo(8.0.0)

Had the phone been updated before or after you had it unlocked?

After.

That might be why.  The Android 8.0 update may have locked the phone back to Sprint, which is why you wouldn't be able to edit the APN settings.  Do you still have a Sprint SIM card so we can submit the unlock request again?

Oh oh... I see!

Yeah I believe I do. But can't say same about that your "First name-Last name" stuff.

Journeyman

Also, not sure the Sim is active anymore. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat