cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 LS997 APN Issues

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: LG V20 LS997 APN Issues

The SIM doesn't have to be active, it just has to be inserted in the phone.  The phone does also need to be powered on and in an area with Sprint coverage or WiFi, and we do need to verify the first and last name of the previous owner of the device.   

If you've got all of that info, please send me a Private Message with all of that and the IMEI of the phone, and we'll be able to proceed with sending the unlock signal. 

Yeah... got all that but for that "First and Last name" was talking about earlier.

But it's already already unlocked though, just need that APN issue sorted which I was made to understand  resulted from the oreo update.

From what I've seen from researching this, is that the workaround is to lock the phone back to Sprint, then submit the unlock signal again.  To do that, we need to verify the First Name and Last Name of the person the phone was last active with on our network. I understand any frustration, but I don't make these verification rules.  As a Sprint employee, I do need to follow the policy. 

I am having the same issue and I have the my sprint sim and all the information. Can you contact me to get the phone unlocked again?

@moookie - Is the phone working with your other carrier? 

Journeyman

it worked for a few days last week. i had to manually add the apn and then it worked. it updated the OS last night, lost the apn and I can't add it. 

Tags (1)

If this was a phone made for Sprint, you won't have the access to edit the APNs. Even if the device is unlocked, you won't be able to edit them or change them. 

Journeyman

I don't understand. It was locked to sprint, then unlocked, i edited the APN's, used it on another network internationally, it updated the Android OS and now the APN's are inaccessible. If I can't change the APN on an unlocked phone then what's the point of unlocking it? The Sprint agent above seemed to think that locking it back to sprint and then unlocking it would be a possible fix. 

Journeyman

@HELPeR_Sprint wrote:

That might be why.  The Android 8.0 update may have locked the phone back to Sprint, which is why you wouldn't be able to edit the APN settings.  Do you still have a Sprint SIM card so we can submit the unlock request again?

Any Spring agent out here who is willing to help me submit the unlock request again? Please.

I have responded to the PM. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat