cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 LS997 Invalid SIM

Journeyman

LG V20 LS997 Invalid SIM

I just bought a LS997 from eBay (the seller said it was unlocked). It looks like it was factory reset because after turning it on, there was system update after update. I am now on 8.0 Oreo. But no matter what SIM I put in (I live in Ireland) it says "Invalid SIM". Any idea how to fix this? 

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: LG V20 LS997 Invalid SIM

Hi Katan2018! Do you happen to have a Sprint SIM card that came with the phone? Since it's an Android device, it does need to have one so it can receive the unlock signal from our network, even over WiFi. I realize that since you're in Ireland it might be tough to get your hands on one, but It's the only way we can get it unlocked. 

does it just say invalid sim or does it say invalid sim contact Sprint?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

If it's locked to Sprint and has a non-Sprint SIM loaded, you'll get the "Invalid SIM" message.  Occasionally, we'll see some Android phones that have been unlocked lock back to our network after a software update. 

Hi @HELPeR_Sprint ,

Unfortunately I don't have a Spring SIM. If I'm able to find one, then do I need service as well?

You won't need to setup service with it. The phone just needs the SIM inserted so it can communicate with our servers that will be pushing out that unlock signal.  You can probably find Sprint SIM cards on eBay as well. 

it will need to be connected to at least wifi though in order to receive the signal.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat