Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 - Multiwindow and Task Manager - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

LG V20 - Multiwindow and Task Manager - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Hey again, everyone!

I wanted to take a few moments to highlight the multi-window support on the LG V20. The multi-window/split screen feature has been around for quite some time on devices, but Android 7.0 (Nougat) makes it even easier with built-in support through the OS. Manufacturers no longer have to build the support into the user interface.

Multi-Window – Android Nougat

“Be in two places at once. Now you can switch between apps with a double tap, and run two apps side by side. So go ahead and watch a movie while texting, or read a recipe with your timer open.” (Google, 2016)

Multi-Window is a handy feature when you need to use two apps simultaneously. Maybe you’re watching a video on YouTube and want to text your friend about it. Multi-Window allows this to happen seamlessly. I utilize it significantly when I entering in security codes, gift card codes, or other items into a web page from an email or text message. I also find it convenient when I am using Google Maps and searching for businesses via the web.

Video demonstration

You can continue reading below to see screenshots and a simple walkthrough of the multi-window feature. Or, you can watch my YouTube video here:

Task manager and multi-window functionality - Sprint LG V20

How to use Multi-Window:

You can access Multi-Window by tapping the square in your home key tray. In my screenshots, it is in the lower-right of the screen; however, with the LG V20’s ability to customize the tray, your square may be in a different location than mine.

Screenshot_2017-01-04-10-48-17.png

Simply tap the square and scroll through your recent applications. You can quickly close applications by sliding left or right on an application, click the X on the respective app, or you can clear all via the Clear All button at the top right. If you want to save an app from being cleared when Clear All is pressed, simply tap the pushpin icon to save it.

Screenshot_2017-01-04-10-48-46.png

Multi-Window-compatible applications have a multi-window icon. If an application does not have the icon, it is unfortunately not compatible with multi-window.

Screenshot_2017-01-04-10-48-29.png

Simply tap the multi-window button to place the app in the upper screen. Then, you are able to select which application moves to the lower screen. Assign that app by tapping the multi-window button on the app as well.

Screenshot_2017-01-04-10-48-54.png

To switch between applications in the multi-window view (lower window only), tap the Multi-Window button in your home button tray. This brings up the list of recent applications that you can switch between in the lower part of the screen.

You can also adjust the size of the viewing window for a particular application by dragging the light-blue bar up and down. This resizes the application to fit your viewing needs. 

When you’re entering text into a field, as is demonstrated below, you can see that the keyboard is in full-size and is able to be used easily. It pushes your applications up to allow full use of the keyboard. Clicking the back button drops the keyboard back down and the screens return to normal.

Screenshot_2017-01-04-10-49-06.pngScreenshot_2017-01-04-10-49-56.pngScreenshot_2017-01-04-10-49-21.png

Quick Switch

You can quickly switch between the two most recently used applications with a double tap of the multi-window button.

Multitask like a PRO!

You can now multitask like a PRO while you’re on the go! Watch a YouTube video while composing an email, browse SlickDeals while researching items using Chrome, and download applications via the Play Store while checking the weather. The use cases for multi-window are virtually endless.

If you have questions or feedback, drop a comment below! How do you use multi-window support on your device?

As always, thank you for reading. 

Until next time!

~ Troy

Reference:

Google. (2016). Android Nougat. Retrieved from https://www.android.com/versions/nougat-7-0/

- The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

Troy Glidden

Service and Repair Process Improvement Manager
Portland, OR area

Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat