cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 Second Screen – Sprint Product Ambassadors

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

LG V20 Second Screen – Sprint Product Ambassadors

One of my favorite features on the new LG V20 is its second screen.  The second screen is an actual touchscreen about 2 inches in width above the main screen.  The second screen can be used to show Date/Time similar to the always on display from the LG G5, to show notifications, to show a custom Signature, easy to access App widgets, and fast access to quick settings such as the flashlight, wifi, sound, etc.

There are various ways to customize the second screen.  To customize from settings, go to Settings and tap Display:

settings.jpg

Tap Second screen:

secondscreen.jpg

And slide to ON position.

Tap the three little dots to access the settings for each scenario.

mainscreen.jpg

With the Second screen enabled, you can tap and slide to the left or right to access the different controls you enabled.  For example, you can swipe to go to the Music Player, Signature, Quick Tools, or App shortcuts. 

To enable each, slide to the ON position in settings.

To control how second screen works when the screen is off, tap on Show when Main Screen off.

screenoff.jpg

This will allow you to arrange your Quick Tools, determine whether to show Date/Time or Signature, and when to turn off the Second Screen.

Another quick and easy way to customize the second screen is to drag App shortcuts directly to and out of the second screen.  This provides quick and easy access to apps that are frequently used.
I enjoy the second screens easy access to SMS / email notifications.  If a notification pops up that I want to see, I tap the down arrow to quickly show the contents of the message.
Finally, using second screen with your camera is easy and convenient.  With the camera open, the options to change to Manual photo / video mode, vs Automatic is displayed
I hope you enjoy the second screen as much as I have.

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones.  They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them.  Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones.  The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. #sprintemployee

1 REPLY 1
GrandMaster

Re: LG V20 Second Screen – Sprint Product Ambassadors

is there a way to change or edit your signature?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat