cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 Update - When to Expect

Journeyman

LG V20 Update - When to Expect

As of this posting, the V20 is on a 5 month old security patch.  Are there any plans to release an updated Firmware so we can have an updated system?  This is impacting my ability to access corporate email due to internal policies, and with that large of a gap between updates, is unacceptable.

1 REPLY 1
GrandMaster

Re: LG V20 Update - When to Expect

it hasnt been published just yet but it would seem Oreo started getting pushed out to the V20 starting yesterday and includes the July security updates.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/LG-V-Series/LG-V20-LS997-OREO/m-p/998454#M406

as for the timing of update you will want to speak with LG on that one. carriers only do testing on them once the OEM (LG in this case) finishes it..if issues are found its kicked back to the OEM to fix said issue(s) and wash rinse repeat its retested again by the OEM and carrier.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat