cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 overseas unlock requirements

Journeyman

LG V20 overseas unlock requirements

sup, I recently bought LG v20 from business liquidation company on ebay, while i was ordering i did IMEI check and it came clean on most online checkers.

To my surprise Smiley Indifferent this phone got "invalid sim" status while having full bar network in my country (Kyrgyztsan, gsm/lte networks).

UICC Unlock button in menu erroring out on "You cannot unlock UICC while the device has no service"

So my question is;

person (or probably company) that owned this phone while it was on Sprint in US is unknown,

If i already have this phone, how can i check that it's not in debt to Sprint?

and will it activate if i buy Sprint sim (there is no cdma service providers in my country as i know)?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: LG V20 overseas unlock requirements

Excellent questions geexmmo. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. I won't be able to give specifics but can let you know the status of the phone. I sent you a PM to gather some info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat