cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 unlock problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LG V20 unlock problem

Some times ago I've bought on eBay this phone. The seller said that phone already unlocked. But when I try to use non-Sprint sim card I always get "Invalid sim".

Updating PRL, Profile or unlocking UICC always crash with authentication error.

I've tries several times to chat with Sprint support. But they always told me that phone already unlocked and they can't help me.

I tried to do ##72786#, but still nothing.

Android version Oreo.

On XDA forum I found one topic where I guess that only Em_Will_I_Am can help me.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

since the phone is no longer on an active line any unlock signal Sprint kicks to the phone wont make it unless the Sprint sim card is still in the phone...its turned on...and its connected to wifi so it can actually receive the signal..were these done previously?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Community Manager

Yeah, do you have a Sprint SIM?

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

since the phone is no longer on an active line any unlock signal Sprint kicks to the phone wont make it unless the Sprint sim card is still in the phone...its turned on...and its connected to wifi so it can actually receive the signal..were these done previously?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat