cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30+ Pie update...again

Journeyman

LG V30+ Pie update...again

I know this topic has been covered before, but the pie update seems to be still struggling to find us on Sprint. I know the previous answer was about waiting for for lg and they claim they're waiting on sprint. Can we have some sort of post on the forum when you turn away or return an update build? I mean, I'm sure a lot of users would love to have some idea of the progress. It makes waiting a bit less painful, and would dispel the common belief that you are just purposely not updating the device.

Tags (3)
18 REPLIES 18
Sprint Social Care

Re: LG V30+ Pie update...again

MrMalignance - I understand this could be somewhat concerning and it seems you have an idea that you need to wait for LG to work with this kind of problems. The best way to keep being updated is to visit their community webpage by clicking here. If there's any updated info about this and other important news, you would find it in our newsroom. This should help!

Journeyman

There are Sprint customers with V40 flex leases claiming to have been able to reset their leases with an upgrade to the V50. Who do we contact if interested? Seems like a reasonable solution.
Sprint Social Care

Hi MP7v40 ! Please know that you may be able to upgrade early a device that does not include annual upgrade by using one of these options:

1: Through a $5 Annual upgrade option, available with a Sprint Flex contract. If you're paying your monthly lease for a device that does not include annual upgrade, by paying the $5 annual upgrade fee, you will be eligible for an upgrade after 12 payments.

2. You can also pay off the remaining lease payments on the contract, in order to become upgrade eligible.

If you wish, I can access your account in order to check your options. Just send me a Private Message as soon as you have a chance. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

They won't tell you when the update will be released. I have talked to Sprint on the phone, on their customer service chat, on Facebook Messenger, and on these forums.

They will tell you it's up to LG.

LG will tell you it's up to Sprint.

Since I'm a huge LG fan, I will be switching to Verizon for the new LG G-series phone. I refuse to have a phone with out of date OS ever again.

P.S. threatening to leave Sprint doesn't help neither, lol.

Best of luck, LG friend!

Sprint Social Care

Hello @ayedee25! We also have the latest LG from the G-series. Once you are upgrade eligible, you can have this device with us. Go to Sprint.com/shop to check it out. 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Nice try.

#1 I'm talking about next year's new phone

#2 I'm already eligible to upgrade but refuse due to this issue

#3 I fear this whole issue is a scam to force your customers into upgrading their phone

Journeyman

Also, I have lost my trust completely with Sprint. I am a customer of 10 years. I cannot continue to pay a company I don't trust.

The fact that y'all cannot give us a RELEASE DATE tells me you do not have techs working on this issue.

Journeyman

I agree with you 100% I own my phone, but I won't be upgrading due to this issue as well. They also seem bent on trying to push upgrades and misinform. That's why I suggest them keeping us up to date via posts. It feels like they don't care and don't want to care. Even the link they suggested isn't showing up. Click here does nothing. 

I also agree that it feels like no one knows anything. Lg isn't posting for sprint and Sprint doesn't want to own that something is bottlenecking on their end.

Sprint Social Care

MrMalignance - Sorry if the links didn't work the last time. The links that we meant to send here are the followings: https://lgcommunity.us.com/ and https://www.sprint.com/community.

Journeyman

I'm so relieved you didn't upgrade! I didn't appreciate Sprint's responses to your posts neither.

Journeyman

@Sprint_Isandy  is there a link that you are going to make available? All that is shown is regular text.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat