cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30+ Pie update...again

Sprint Social Care

Re: LG V30+ Pie update...again

MrMalignance - What I was trying before is telling you that you should visit the LG Community web page and the Sprint Newsroom to check for any relevant info and keep yourself updated about any news. This is because we don't directly handle this kind of info.

Journeyman

@Sprint_Isandy I regularly look around in all of the forums and newsfeeds I can find. Sprint feels like they go out of the way to keep us uninformed. All I want is for more transparency and some communication. There has been minimal effort up until now to keep us informed and up to date with the latest software. All of the LG phones seem to suffer the same fate. At the point where this is the only carrier that is lagging behind in updates, one question is left: why is Sprint the only carrier that can't seem to apply the updates everyone else has?

Journeyman

I'm going to go ahead and post again, since no one(from Sprint) answered my question or acted as if they even read my suggestion.

Suggestion: can we be notified when the update build arrives at Sprint, an if it is sent back?

I know you post if the update is going out, but keeping us in the dark on a delayed update is kind of a real sketchy way of doing business.

Sprint Social Care

@MrMalignance, as you mentioned sometimes the software may be ready, but may not pass the test. They may be multiple tests taking different timing. I understand your suggestion, but we haven't found a way to get these details, and honestly posting when a software comes and is sent back may cause some impatience or pessimism. Rest assured that your phone will get the update when is ready.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Carlos I can assure you, it causes more impatience and pessimism to see the way every Sprint employee dodges and evades answering. I know that I personally would appreciate seeing the details that the update is being tweaked or adjusted due to (insert reason here). Put yourself in our shoes: something comes out, every time you ask about it the answer is "soon" or "you'll get it when it's ready".

Lastly it's not very inspiring to hear that none of you have found a way to get these details. Not even one? Not even when you receive the update from lg? I can understand if there is multiple tests happening, that would be difficult to keep everyone informed, but it should be easy to know if and when you receive it for testing. After all, if you're more transparent with us, we can redirect our frustrations at lg (if they are the ones actually dragging their feet). 

Community Manager

I have answered this in other LG post, so allow me to answer it in this thread.  The primary hold up is the compatibility or lack thereof LG software and VoLTE.  The V30+ is not the only victim, you will see similar complaints with the V40, XCharge, and G series.  Then couple the VoLTE issue with the frequency LG releases updates.  Unlike Samsung, who usually release updates monthly, LG tends to take a quarterly approach.

In short, once that VoLTE issue root cause is address, then the software will be released.  As far as a date, I have none to give at this time.

Journeyman

I'm sure you answered in a post months ago, since we have been asking for almost more than half a year.

You do not understand how many frustrated customers you have because of this issue. You may have been able to push the stupid customers into new phones, but not the smart customers who can see through all this.

It is very suspicious that Sprint isn't even pushing LG to get a release date for your customers.

Customer Service? What a joke.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat