cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V40 ThinQ Security Update not updating

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG V40 ThinQ Security Update not updating

My LG V40 is not getting security updates. I have tried manually updating, but it keeps saying I have the latest update. This is not true, I still have V405U14a and that was March 2019. It has been almost a year ago. I am not getting the quarterly security updates, not am I getting the Pie update that came out in December 2019. Everytime I try to update it says I have the latest OS version.

Anyone else have this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
GrandMaster

just going off the threads in this forum alone the last time anything was posted about the V40 was a security update in March..that was the last official thing posted that i found.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

yes I too have a Sprint V40 that is on original 8.1.0 V405U11a 

at store was no help as they only have access to most recent update, and cant use it because it requires LMV405UA3-V15d . They pretty much said that is too bad for you and handed me back phone. 

Normally would manually update but there are no older complete KDZ or even sprint firmwares on LG fan ..only US celluar, VRZ or ATT .

So any help for me or the other guy or is this 'support' just as wonderful as going into store

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat