cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V60: LG Messages App Missing

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG V60: LG Messages App Missing

On my phone there's only Google's messages app but no stock LG messages app. Is there something wrong with my phone and has anyone else noticed the LG messages app is missing?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

My V60 only has Google Messages as well. I believe with a Sprint SIM it removes the LG Messaging App, since it is there for TMobile SIMs. My LG G7 ThinQ on Sprint only had the Google Messages app pre-installed as well.

Highlighted

Hey! Try these steps: 

Go to System Settings/Apps/All, and scroll all the way to the bottom. Disabled apps are usually moved to the bottom of the list (except in Android 4.3, where there's a separate Disabled list to the right of All).

Highlighted

LG Messages isn't there. 

Highlighted

I think you're right even if I'm extremely confused as to why the Sprint version has the app removed, especi since Sprint and T-Mobile are now one. 

Highlighted

As the app isn't there I would advise you get in contact with LG customer care. 

S.R
Highlighted

LG has been running the Google Messages app for quite some time now..hell..my LG G6 had it on there..came with it stock.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat