cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG v20 trouble

Journeyman

LG v20 trouble

I recently switched from an iPhone to an LG v20 LS997. For some reason, although I thought I'd sorted it out with Sprint's customer service, my Sprint SIM card keeps locking. I've tried a factory data reset, but the problem persists.

8 REPLIES 8
GrandMaster

Re: LG v20 trouble

keeps locking back to Sprint? are you currently with Sprint or another carrier?

and is this a V20 you are trying to add to Sprint or was it already with Sprint at some point on your account?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I'm currently with Sprint. The v20 is new, and I'm trying to add it to Sprint. I already talked through it with customer service, and the phone shows up on my Sprint account, but for some reason every time I power on the phone, it gives me the message "The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Customer Service."

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

When you say the v20 is new, was it purchased through Sprint? Did you receive a new SIM with the phone?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

The v20 was listed as new on eBay by a reputable seller. The SIM is from my previous phone, which I switched from.

GrandMaster

was the sim card you are currently using pulled from your original iphone? might be a compatibility deal with the sim card itself.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I checked our BYOD matrix, and I don't see the v20 as an eligible phone for BYOD. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Yes, the SIM card is from the iPhone. Is there any way to fix this?

GrandMaster

the agent will need to look into that one..but as Red pointed out unless you bought a Sprint variant of the V20 it shouldnt have been able to be added to Sprints database..it isnt one of the allowed BYOD devices.

LG

G7 ThinQ (G710ULM)

Stylo 4 (Q710UL)

V30S (US998)

V35 ThinQ (V350ULM)

X charge (US 601)

those are the only LG devices they should/would be allowing in from other carriers etc.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat