Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS99720a unlock outside usa

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

LS99720a unlock outside usa

I bought a used LS-997 on eBay. It is locked to Sprint. The device software version is LS99720a. Can this device be unlocked? I read that with this software version is impossible. I live outside the USA, in Panama. We have GSM networks here.

11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: LS99720a unlock outside usa

I'm happy to check the unlock eligibility of the phone. Do you have a Sprint SIM for the phone?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

The phone came without SIM. I could give you the imei on the phone.

Hi Jose! Since it's an Android device, it does need to have a Sprint SIM in the phone so it can receive the unlock signal over WiFi from our network.  Without a Sprint SIM, the process will not work.  

I will be happy to buy a sim on eBay if you assure me that it can be unlocked even outside USA. I am in Panama City, Panama. I could have the sim by next week if you confirm that the unlocked could be achieve remotely.

Yes.  If you can get one on eBay, we'll be happy to push the unlock signal out to the phone.  You will need to be connected to WiFi for it to work, as you're outside of the US and coverage on our network. 

The SIM card you'll want to look for are either of these two:

UICC SKU / UPC Code

CZ2114LWQ / 019962040849

CZ4114LWQ / 854798005125

Please see this article for more information on the steps you'll need to take to successfully unlock the device. 
SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

I order the sim. When I get it I will ask for instructions.

Sounds good, Jose! We look forward to helping out!

I have the sprint sim on my hand, could you please give me instructions?

Hi there. We'll need the IMEI of the phone so that we can check for eligibility on the unlock. I'm going to send you a PM to get that now since we don't want that info exposed to the public. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I can confirm that the procedure worked and now my phone is unlocked.

That's great to hear. Thanks for checking in to let us know. Please let us know if we can assist again in the future. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat