cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive repair issues

Journeyman

Massive repair issues

The case that I actually bought through Sprint failed miserably when my phone dropped.  The corner wasn't tight and pushed back when the phone fell resulting in a small crack.  I called around and decided to let Sprint fix my phone.  I was told to just bring it in to get fixed.

A couple days later I arrived only to find out that whomever I spoke to was incorrect and my screen needed to be ordered.  2 hours of my time were wasted then.  

I was told the screen would be in 2 days later at the latest.  I called on that day, nothing.  I called the next day, nothing. The following day they finally had the part in, but someone failed to call me to let me know.  I went in and spent 3 hours of my day driving and waiting on the repair.  They put my phone in the case and I went home.

I switched to a new case that just arrived in the mail that night.  I saw 2 pretty deep scratches on the base of my phone as well as 2 other minor ones.  I called the store though it was near closing and had a message left.  I e-mailed a tech as well and heard nothing.

Since I had to be near another Sprint repair store today I went in to talk to them.  First they didn't even want to seem to repair my phone since I don't have insurance.  Sprint's mistake was going to cause them to try to put it on the insurance without even asking.  That shouldn't even be an option.  So yet again another couple hours of my time are wasted as they claim they need the part ordered.

I tried to call Sprint only to be offered $200 master card or something for a new line.  Are you kidding me?  I asked to speak to a manager and after being on hold for quite some time, was told I need to go to a sprint repair store.  I'm not sure English was a strong point because I said repeatedly I do NOT live near one as they keep closing stores.

I am seriously this close to just switching to TMobile now instead of having to switch when the merger takes place.  I've been with Sprint since 2000 (though computers will claim 2005 since that's when I lost a work discount) and I feel like they have given up.  

I would love at this point to trade in the phone for a new one and just have you guys deal with it.  I'm tired of wasting hours of my day for this.  I hope someone can listen and help!

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Massive repair issues

I know it is super frustrating to deal with. Have you taken it to the store that repaired the screen?

Journeyman

Yes, I am told that I will have to go back again to have it repaired when a part can come in again.  We're talking 2 hours of my time wasted to go in person because messages and e-mails cannot be returned.

This whole deal is wasting about 8 hours of my time so far.  Not including the next 2-3 hours wasted to have to bring it in for repair again due to negligence on Sprint's repair team.

I'm really tired of having to drive no where near where I need to be just to have this fixed or to get to talk to someone because messages are not answered.  

That is is incredibly frustrating. I get it completely. Last year my phone had a crack, and the nearest store to me is a hour away to be repaired. For them not returning messages, that isn't right at all. Did they tell you a time when the new screen would be in?

Journeyman

They said it would be a few days.  Let's be honest, I really do not feel like I should have to waste 5 hours of my time for something Sprint did to my phone.  

I'm happy to return this phone, and you can repair and resell but this has left a beyond bad taste in my mouth about Sprint.  Loyal customers shouldn't be treated like crap for something they didn't even do.

Are you under a lease with Sprint? 

If you are under a lease, it would need to be repaired before being returned due to avoiding a damage fee on the account. That would also mean breaking the lease, and needing to pay the outstanding lease charges.  

I am sorry you feel like this isn't fair, and they should have repaired it right the first time. 

Journeyman

At this point it shouldn't matter what I am under.  I shouldn't have to "break a lease" for you guys to fix a phone without me wasting my time for YOUR errors.  

This is rather uncool. Good thing you are being bought out as your service is really poor compared to how it was when I first started.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat