cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not unlocked even though Sprint says it is unlocked in their system

Journeyman

Phone not unlocked even though Sprint says it is unlocked in their system

so i have a lg v20 and was told by sprint that once its paid in full it will be unlocked. i call sprint 2 times before i moved and was told it was unlocked. when i put the new sim car in it has not. it still show invalid sim card. i dont have the old number any more and the services was turned off a day after i moved. 

10 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Phone not unlocked even though Sprint says it is unlocked in their system

Oh I bet I know what happened. During the unlocking process you need the Sprint SIM inserted, connected to WiFi, and powered on. If those weren't done then the device never got the signal. I can help look into a unlock ticket. Please send me a PM and we will start the process. 

SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

Journeyman

@Katey88_Sprint thank you for your when the phone was paid off it was still active and the sim was in and im sure it was connected to the WiFi. i paid it of 8 months ago and still had the service and both time i caled sprint i was at home so it was on wifi. if you can help that would be great

GrandMaster

in order to do it now you will need to do as the agent pointed out above..make sure the sprint sim card is back in the phone..that its turned on and connected to wifi.

since its no longer on Sprint this is the only way it can receive the unlock code.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Is there anybody that can actually help me from Sprint to unlock my phone I was getting help from one individual above but she's ghosting me now please somebody help me

I can get you helped out. I can see the IMEI information you provided to us in private previously. I see an unlock request submitted for you on Monday that should have come through by now. 

Can you confirm you do have a Sprint SIM card that you can put in your device? We will likely have to send through another unlock request if the SIM wasn't in your phone at the time the request came through. 

Requirements would be that you have phone powered on, Sprint SIM in phone, and connected to Wifi so the signal comes in and you can complete the unlock process. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

thats the thing my sim card was lost. i have a sprint sim card in it but its from a older iphonr that was already unlocked i dont have the sim card anymore 

That's fine as long as there is a Sprint SIM in there. Keep the Sprint SIM in the phone and I'll put in another ticket to send through another unlock request. Just make sure to keep it powered on and connected to Wifi with that Sprint SIM inside. 

Journeyman

ok its in there and on wifi

I want to clarify an additional piece of info with you in private and also give you your ticket number once submitted. Check your Private Messages from me. 

Thanks - check out your PM from me to clarify the last piece of info I want to be sure on before I finish up your ticket. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat