Software Update: LG G6 (LS993) 1/2/2019

Community Manager

Software Update: LG G6 (LS993) 1/2/2019

LG - G6 (LS993)

Software Version: LS993ZVE
Release Date: 1/2/2019
Method: Available Over the Air

Fixes:

December 2018 Android security patch and general bug fixes.

16 REPLIES 16
GrandMaster

Re: Software Update: LG G6 (LS993) 1/2/2019

dang! LG got my hopes up lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Patience.

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

dang! LG got my hopes up lol.

Journeyman

Today (1/12/2019) I just got a software (LS993ZVE). I was hoping the update will fix some USB bugs where Android Auto does not work on my car unit. Unfortunately, this update did not fix this. Bummer!
GrandMaster

not really sure what all bugs they fixed..LG is right up there with most OEM's and rarely say what exactly they fixed unless its something well known.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I just got this update (LS993ZVE), but is shows a December 1, 2018 security patch. Sure wish we could figure out the bug fixes....guess LG doesn't want to let people know their phones have bugs!
Community Manager

The general bugs fixes were more camera based.

@Hilkster wrote:
I just got this update (LS993ZVE), but is shows a December 1, 2018 security patch. Sure wish we could figure out the bug fixes....guess LG doesn't want to let people know their phones have bugs!

Journeyman

Community Manager

It does not specifically mention Low Light, only AI.

@Hilkster wrote:

I wonder if this includes the updates I referenced last October: https://community.sprint.com/t5/LG/Update-coming-for-LG-G6-bringing-low-light-functionality-for/m-p/...

GrandMaster

mah. LG is on par with the majority of the OEM's...unless its a known big bug they are fixing they will usually just say "bug fixes" and leave it at that.

@Hilkster wrote:

GrandMaster

are you talking about the low light pic ability? if thats it i think we already have it. pull up your camera then cover a bit of the front o darken it..a moon symbol should pop up bottom right ish of your screen automatically. i believe that might be what you are asking about.

Journeyman

You are right, the low light was rolled out with as previous update. I also notice there's an AI camera mode now. Not sure what that does, but I'll try to figure out more later today.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat