Highlighted
Community Manager

Software Update: LG G7 ThinQ (G710PM) 2/15/2020

LG -  G7 ThinQ (G710PM)

Software Version: G710P20d
Release Date: 2/15/2020
Method: Available Over the Air

Fixes:

This major update will update the Android Operating System from 8.1 O to 9.0 P.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

FYI, there was an update back in March that brought the G7 up to the March 1, 2020 security patch and the new software version is G710P20e.

Also, any info on the next update would be greatly appreciated. I know that they normally don't give dates but it would be nice to know if one is in the works even if it is just a security update but the T-Mobile version did receive the Android 10 update last month.

Highlighted

I don't see any on deck.  That device is over 2 years ago as of the 1st and it's in the end of life stage.  It may receive one more update, but I would be surprised.

@estradakidz2 wrote:

FYI, there was an update back in March that brought the G7 up to the March 1, 2020 security patch and the new software version is G710P20e.

Also, any info on the next update would be greatly appreciated. I know that they normally don't give dates but it would be nice to know if one is in the works even if it is just a security update but the T-Mobile version did receive the Android 10 update last month.

Highlighted

Yeah, according to LG the G7 should be updated to Android 10 this year. The Korean model, and T-Mobile models have been updated to 10. It's sad that the Sprint model was one of the last ones to be updated to 9. I was just curious if you could see anything in the works as Android 10 would be the normal 2nd OS update for this model.

Highlighted

Yeah, I currently do not see anything.  Now, that does not mean it will not happen.

@estradakidz2 wrote:

Yeah, according to LG the G7 should be updated to Android 10 this year. The Korean model, and T-Mobile models have been updated to 10. It's sad that the Sprint model was one of the last ones to be updated to 9. I was just curious if you could see anything in the works as Android 10 would be the normal 2nd OS update for this model.

Highlighted

Ok, cool!

Just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I can be patient. I purchased this device knowing it was a year old anyway but it was at a great price for a flagship phone from Sprint. If I remember correctly just over $450 in April of 2019.

Highlighted

Yeah, the pricing on the V60 is bananas!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat