LG - V30+ (LS998)

Software Version: LS99821a
Release Date: 6/1/2018
Method: Available Over the Air

Fixes:

Latest Google security patch

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Software Update: LG V30+ (LS998) 06/01/2018

Wanted to give a heads up about the update. I experienced possibly a bug in the update. My gallery, kept closing automatically and made it hard to open photos and browse through them. It also made some of my photos distorted by turning them a different color or either a partial or the whole picture greyed out. Some of my daughters prom pictures were ruined because of this. (I was heartbroken) I took my device to a store and they said it was a software issue. They said it was not all LG V30+ devices were affected, but random ones. I called LG and they told me to perform a factory reset on the device and it fixed the problem. It would probably be best if you backed up your photos first and all your data before doing this update. Then do a factory reset, just in case you experience the same thing.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Community Manager

That's why I always tell folks to back up and throw it in the cloud!  Old folks hate the cloud, but it's our friend like Google.  Personally, I use Google Photos and it automatically saves pics in the cloud right after I take it.  I got that half gray pic before of my little girl, so I know how it is.  Now, I just click and go.  Sign in with your Google credentials and you're good.  Got a new phone? Load Google Photos and sign in.  Hard reset?  Load Google Photos and sign in!

Don't get me started on the search.  I take a lot of pics of food.  So in the search bar in Google Photos, I just type "Food" and it brings up all my food pics.   You can do the same with people, but who takes pics of people?  

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue a lot of people are having since the Oreo update with bluetooth.

Factory reset, clearing the cache and data for Bluetooth 8.0.0/Bluetooth 6.20.63/Bluetooth Midi Service 8.0.0, ejecting my storage card, turning off bluetooth scanning, turning off bluetooth file sharing, turning off bluetooth SmartShare Beam, and excluding bluetooth from power savings have not fixed the issue.

Once every 45 seconds to two minutes, the sound will cut out and back on when listening to any sound producing app on bluetooth on any bluetooth listening device. I'm just posting this so it has visibility, but it seems that on other carrier's websites, the buck is being passed between them and LG with neither party wanting to rectify the situation. It seems that LG has not posted anywhere themselves that they know the issue is occurring.

I listen to audio on my phone almost exclusively on bluetooth, and this is a big issue for me. I just want it fixed, my phone replaced, or a different phone, as there are many people with the issue, it's been going on for a while, and no one has been able to lock down a permanent solution.

Here are a few links:

https://support.t-mobile.com/message/642710

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgv30/comments/8zjgq8/very_odd_issue_while_headphonesbluetooth_is/

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgv30/comments/90orhf/problem_with_bluetooth_playback_audio_stuttering/

GrandMaster

i run into this with my G6 as well. more than likely something LG is going to have to tinker with to figure out what is up.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat