Fixes:

Android security patch level March 2019

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: LG V30+ (LS998) 4/1/2019

goooooodSmiley Happy

Journeyman

Any chance us v30 sprint users are getting the pie update? Sprint is pretty much the only carrier that hasn't released the v30 pie update 

Community Manager

Currently in the lab for testing.  Possibly December.

@JohnFawkes wrote:

Any chance us v30 sprint users are getting the pie update? Sprint is pretty much the only carrier that hasn't released the v30 pie update 

Journeyman

I definitely appreciate the response as it's the most info I have gotten on the subject but another 2mo? There really should be a trade in option for v30,+,40,etc users. Even if I had to pay the difference it would be acceptable.
Community Manager

Software updates namely Android releases are promises made by the OEM, not the carrier. 😊

@MP7v40 wrote:
I definitely appreciate the response as it's the most info I have gotten on the subject but another 2mo? There really should be a trade in option for v30,+,40,etc users. Even if I had to pay the difference it would be acceptable.

Journeyman

If you are selling or leasing Sprint carrier locked phones for the same price as other carriers model that has received 9 shouldn't Sprint resolve that issue with the supplier?
Journeyman

My vehicle had to get a part replaced and the dealership didn't tell me to drive to Detroit.
Highlighted
Community Manager

I'm not sure I follow your analogy, but I will play along.  Real-life scenario for me.  I go to the dealer for an oil change on my Nissan Rogue.  During the oil change, they said my Android Auto console required an update and they install it.  I drive off and I could no longer respond to text via my console.  I take it back and they said, "Gotta wait until Nissan releases a new update."

Despite contrary belief, we (Sprint) do push software updates to the devices.  It makes no sense for us to get an update and sit back and say, "Nah, we are not going to push this out just because we don't want to."  Payloads are created and pushed by the manufacturer.  They send them to us and we test it against our network, apps, etc, and if there is a problem, we send it back to the OEM to fix.  Some OEMs address issues faster than others, that's just how it is.  LG is slower than most, but in comparison, they are not a big as say Apple or Samsung.

In ads, you see the OEM make the promise "Updates for the next X years".  You never see a carrier make that claim.

@MP7v40 wrote:
My vehicle had to get a part replaced and the dealership didn't tell me to drive to Detroit.

Journeyman

I'm not saying Sprint is withholding the update. I am saying of they should be responsible for resolving this with LG not the customer.
Community Manager

We are.  "This update does not perform well"  return to sender.

@MP7v40 wrote:
I'm not saying Sprint is withholding the update. I am saying of they should be responsible for resolving this with LG not the customer.

Journeyman

Add to note: This update is long past overdue and our customers are not satisfied with the product is there a way we can remedy this through some kind of trade-in program. Thank you for your anticipated response.
Sprint
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat