Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ - Android Pie

Go to solution
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Lg V40 thinq Pie late?

LOL, just because VoLTE is in the title, does not mean all VoLTE is created equal.  When you look at LTE, we have two forms, FDD and TDD.  Then there is Carrier Ag 1 through 3 that goes along with that along with 3 different bands for LTE and you also have to make SRLTE work as well.  But I'm sure you knew all that.

@MGoodlace wrote:

@HHA - Welcome to Sprint !!

They claim it's the VoLTE that's holding this up for deployment .. seems rather ridiculous that every other carrier that has VoLTE (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile etc etc) has already deployed Pie to the V40's with working VoLTE.

So Sprint .. other than VoLTE not functioning in all locations (on a service level) - what is so different about yours (from all the other carriers) that you can't get it working ????

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

LOL, just because VoLTE is in the title, does not mean all VoLTE is created equal.  When you look at LTE, we have two forms, FDD and TDD.  Then there is Carrier Ag 1 through 3 that goes along with that along with 3 different bands for LTE and you also have to make SRLTE work as well.  But I'm sure you knew all that.

@MGoodlace wrote:

They claim it's the VoLTE that's holding this up for deployment .. seems rather ridiculous that every other carrier that has VoLTE (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile etc etc) has already deployed Pie to the V40's with working VoLTE.

So Sprint .. other than VoLTE not functioning in all locations (on a service level) - what is so different about yours (from all the other carriers) that you can't get it working ????

Oh wow that is a lot of detail, but technically inaccurate in this case. There is still no VoLTE on the Sprint LG V40, so the specific details of its implementation aren't very important to me. Sorry if I am not giving your employer the benefit of the doubt, but I heard something recently about them stealing money from poor people so I stopped questioning their ethics.

Community Manager

Not inaccurate at all.  Current SW being tested has the VoLTE enablement.

@zach wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

LOL, just because VoLTE is in the title, does not mean all VoLTE is not created equal.  When you look at LTE, we have two forms, FDD and TDD.  Then there is Carrier Ag 1 through 3 that goes along with that along with 3 different bands for LTE and you also have to make SRLTE work as well.  But I'm sure you knew all that.

@MGoodlace wrote:

Oh wow that is a lot of detail, but technically inaccurate in this case. There is still no VoLTE on the Sprint LG V40, so the specific details of its implementation aren't very important to me. Sorry if I am not giving your employer the benefit of the doubt, but I heard something recently about them stealing money from poor people so I stopped questioning their ethics.

Journeyman

Maybe once they're done "testing", I'll switch back over to stock and give it a try

Journeyman

Can I get on the test build? It sounds like it should have been rolled out already.  If there is no working VoLTE on my device then I, and anyone with at least the mental capacity of a slow third grader, consider it to not currently support VoLTE.

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

Not inaccurate at all.  Current SW being tested has the VoLTE enablement.

@zach wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

LOL, just because VoLTE is in the title, does not mean all VoLTE is not created equal.  When you look at LTE, we have two forms, FDD and TDD.  Then there is Carrier Ag 1 through 3 that goes along with that along with 3 different bands for LTE and you also have to make SRLTE work as well.  But I'm sure you knew all that.

@MGoodlace wrote:

GrandMaster

contact LG and find out.

Sprint doesnt do public Betas. thats a manufacturer deal that you usually have to sign up for

@zach wrote:

Can I get on the test build? It sounds like it should have been rolled out already.  If there is no working VoLTE on my device then I, and anyone with at least the mental capacity of a slow third grader, consider it to not currently support VoLTE.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Why the update to android pie take so long on my LG V40?

Hi. I have an LG V40 and an LG G7 and I am waiting for the update to Android Pie a long time ago. Already knowing that it was launched for almost all operators, I wonder why not in sprint? Every day and on several occasions I check the updates to see if android 9 arrives, but I'm still waiting. I ask sprint and they don't know anything. They don't tell me ETA, if they are working on it or if they plan to launch it.

Wizard

Re: Why the update to android pie take so long on my LG V40?

I hear ya Frezzi. At this time we haven't been provided an ETA on this update. But customers can always stay in the know about updates at https://community.sprint.com/t5/LG/bd-p/LG

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Should I wait until mid-2020?

Hopefully it'll be updated way sooner than that. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman HHA
Journeyman

I strongly believe those of us that leased the LGV40 should be offered a free upgrade after 12 months instead of 18. 

Please help me get an answer on this. 

Thanks 

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ - Android Pie

I like that the original post is inexplicably marked solved and that the "solution" is nothing more than a link to the Samsung updates page.

@Cat_Sprint wrote:

I hear ya MGoodlace. I haven't received any word regarding this update. Stay up to date on Samsung device updates at https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/bd-p/Sammy

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat