Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ - Android Pie

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ - Android Pie

Where is the Android 9 Pie release for our LG V40 ThinQ phones ?? - last update received was back in March 2019 !!

This is pitiful Sprint - especially since other carriers are already releasing Pie for there V40's !!!

100 REPLIES 100
Highlighted
Community Manager

That has been corrected.  While not a 'Solution' that people will like,  my earlier post contains the answer to the question asked, all of the info that we have right now (still). 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted

Yeah yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man. I wasn't questioning whether the "Acceptable Solution" is a solution (but it's not, if you want to get into technicalities), I was just pointing out that it the provided solution is very poor, to the point of being comical.
Highlighted

Hahaha. Comical is a nice way of putting it. A link to Samsung is a good solution for LG users but my Sprint contract binds me to LG. Which is the basis for the original question and fundamental to a solution regardless of opinion. 

Highlighted

@HHA were you able to secure an upgrade? I have the V40 as well and really enjoy LG's devices, but the lack of the support for the V40 is super disappointing. I'd love to upgrade to the V50 if given the option to get out of my lease at 12 months...

cc. @Em_Will_I_Am 

Highlighted

@Em_Will_I_Am

I'm sorting that out. I had a Sprint representative tell me I could upgrade to V50 or any other LG phone without buying out my lease but when I called back was told I could not. 

I also really like the LGV40. It is a much better phone than receives credit for. The only issue is software support. I'm hesitant to upgrade to the V50 because I will likely be in the same situation next year where I'm running 9 and can't get 10. Plus, the V50 is essentially the V40 with 5G which I can't use in my area anyway. 

Highlighted

I kind of think the V50 is the best balance of all the good of the V40 (since it's essentially the same phone), but with full VoLTE support, Pie, and 5G capabilities. Though I'm desperately afraid of future LG software support, I love their hardware.

Highlighted

the phones have always been pretty great...its the support that they lack from LG... i dont think yall will get skipped over with Pie unless they cant get whatever they are running into figured out.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you (Sprint) and/or LG really ever intend to update the Sprint LG V40 thinq to pie?

Highlighted

It astounds me there hasn't been a transparent update on where Sprint/LG is with the update. Did the Pie update include full VoLTE support and there was an issue with the packet? I think that would be an acceptable answer, but I think V40 users would just like to know.

Highlighted

I know this is dreaming, but will all us LG V40 thinQ sprint phone owners see Android 10 before we see Android 9(pie)? Ha Ha Ha. 

Highlighted

@garysmenace @Hahaha! I had the same thought. I think we can all agree that LG would be forgiven if they rolled out 10 to u

this was mentioned back on page 3 as well as in another thread

@MSTAUGLER wrote:

It astounds me there hasn't been a transparent update on where Sprint/LG is with the update. Did the Pie update include full VoLTE support and there was an issue with the packet? I think that would be an acceptable answer, but I think V40 users would just like to know.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat