Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ - Android Pie

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ - Android Pie

Where is the Android 9 Pie release for our LG V40 ThinQ phones ?? - last update received was back in March 2019 !!

This is pitiful Sprint - especially since other carriers are already releasing Pie for there V40's !!!

100 REPLIES 100
Highlighted

Screenshot_20200112-042227.png

Highlighted

You're in the right place. The option is there in my settings. Along with wifi calling is a 2nd option for VoLTE calling.

I don't know why you don't have it. 

Highlighted

Screenshot_20200112-052112.png

Highlighted

Try resetting your profile. Under settings, general, system udates, profile. Wait for the promts to finish. PRL not really necessary, it's preferred roaming list.

Highlighted

Thank you for your help .smh I don't know why or what is going on its so frustrating I wish I would have never updated it I  the first place

Highlighted

Have you rebooted by turning off completely then back on?
Highlighted

I'm not exactly sure that you need VoLTE & WiFi calling at same time. Both are data driven calling instead of using cell service. VoLTE will be better & safer than WiFi calling anyways. I would disable wifi calling and just use the VoLTE.
Highlighted

The instructions say "optional" above the two settings. Which I interpret as one or the other should be used for better calling. Can you explain better what your issue is?
Highlighted

Here is the link to the original notice before we got the system update. There's another link at bottom to learn more. Also, you can call customer service and ask to talk to a tech. 888-211-4727

https://www.sprint.com/en/support/calling-plus-decommission.html?ECID=MA:SMS:20191217:CallingPLUSDec...
Highlighted

His issue is pretty clear. Wifi Calling was replaced by VoLTE. But he didn't get VoLTE. 

Highlighted

Lastly, updates can't be avoided forever. So, best to resolve problem now. I have a similar network issue, when they, Sprint updates, they toss out the number I used for conditional call forwarding. Finally, after 2 days, ten calls to tech support, the voicemail service I used, gave me a new number for conditional call forwarding. After that, everything worked as it should. I'm available to help this afternoon, so, try out the suggestions above.

I see it in his settings screenshot. He might just need to disable WiFi calling, & reboot?
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat