cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ - Android Pie

Go to solution
Journeyman

Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ - Android Pie

Where is the Android 9 Pie release for our LG V40 ThinQ phones ?? - last update received was back in March 2019 !!

This is pitiful Sprint - especially since other carriers are already releasing Pie for there V40's !!!

16 REPLIES 16
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ - Android Pie

I hear ya MGoodlace. I haven't received any word regarding this update. Stay up to date on Samsung device updates at https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/bd-p/Sammy

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
GrandMaster

Verizon kicked it out to their V40s....at the end of May...with the April security patch.... 2 ish weeks ago..

TMO has yet to release it..heck their last update was in Feb..as mentioned here

https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/151131 they were scheduled to kick out Pie at the end of May as Verizon did however that was changed since issues were ran into during testing...

which wild guess is probably the same problem being ran into here

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It's now almost September, and still nothing???? 

Community Manager

Folks, I get the frustration when you're waiting for an update. We are typically notified about releases the day they come out, sometimes a day or two before.  When we know anything, we'll post about it here.  Until then, we appreciate your patience. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

the last time I contacted anyone at sprint they told me they were making sure there were going to be no problems with the update before releasing it and they were aiming for beginning of August. I spoke to the rep around July 22. and now it's September. 

Journeyman

This is basically a microcosm of this whole time trying to get the update for my LG v40. 

Journeyman

Meant to add this with my last reply.... anyway this is a microcosm of me trying to get my update for my LG v40 because here you are replying to someone bitching about the fact that they haven't gotten the update yet and you gave them a link to Samsung.... thanks

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Howdy DaDocc. The link provided is to our Community LG page. This is were the latest news on updates will show. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
GrandMaster

this is the link needed. slight mix up on the agents side..but still same answer..once they get wind of the update being pushed it will be posted in the LG forum itself here

https://community.sprint.com/t5/LG/bd-p/LG

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I was told that the issue is with VoLTE on the V40 .. they're having an issue getting it to work !! .. well, what I don't understand is, VoLTE opn the V40 with Oreo was  (and still is) BETA .. and depended on where you lived, Sprint's VoLTE is near enough NONE EXISTENT is any areas, and never works.

So .. why even bother releasing the Pie update with at feature on it ?

It's just like .. Sprint adding the Samsung S10 5G version, when they can't even get 4G/LTE to work ! .. kinda stupid.

GrandMaster

the Beta will be getting yanked and VoLTE will go in its place..which is more than likely where the issue is coming in.

add onto this the whole eSIM chaos

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat