Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ - Android Pie

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ - Android Pie

Where is the Android 9 Pie release for our LG V40 ThinQ phones ?? - last update received was back in March 2019 !!

This is pitiful Sprint - especially since other carriers are already releasing Pie for there V40's !!!

100 REPLIES 100
Highlighted

Found it, this was the intro to the FAQ  link to calling us page.

Sprint has deployed VoLTE in most areas. The following areas currently do NOT support VoLTE: Alaska; Mississippi; Montana; North Dakota; South Dakota; Wyoming; Puerto Rico; US Virgin Islands; Areas with no LTE Sprint Network coverage; Areas where roaming is available; Extended LTE roaming areas
Highlighted

I'm located in Maryland  I think this update is a messy thing because its so much trouble its like they are testing it out and aren't to sure if its going to work or not

Highlighted

The top of my phone says LTE  above the connection bars

Highlighted

Hi,

I'm sorry you might not have received the VoLTE in your area, but, it would be in your settings, andvs new icon with the VoLTE in the middle of of the icon would show next to the Signal bars icon.  If you are using the wifi calling feature, then that is similar to the VoLTE calling feature. Your area may eventually get this calling feature, so, I would talk to customer support services. 888-211-4727 and they can answer any other questions you might still have.

Highlighted

on my G8 it only shows VoLTE at the top during a call...not while its just sitting there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

My V40 Thin Q shows both all the time. Perhaps there's a setting for this, but I don't know if I can hide the signal bars. @fireguy_6364  how do you add images to posts here?

Highlighted

while you are posting. the camera symbol right above where you type.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Thanks, I'm blind in one eye, can't see out the other apparently!😎 I just had a call and both icons remained next to battery charge indicator. Must be different for G8 although can't see why. Thanks for the assistance in pointing to the editor bar here.

Highlighted

not sure why LG set them up differently...kind of a waste of top space to have the VoLTE symbol up there all the time if youre not actually using it at that moment.

Highlighted

Well, one is calling feature, the other is signal strength. The calling feature probably needs to persist in notification to remain active, so the system don't try and close it due to battery saver features. I know the battery levels icon can be hidden, but the charger indicator stays.
Highlighted

the charging indicator should only be there while its actively charging. other than that it shouldnt be up there...maybe the battery percent indicator..but i know on my G8 i can turn that off (battery percentage..not the charging indicator).

Highlighted

On my phone, it's there when not charging, which I should check settings for,

Capture+_2020-01-13-13-22-01.png

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat