Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ (LM-V405UA) 3/19/2019

Community Manager

Re: Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ (LM-V405UA) 3/19/2019

Voice Over Long Term Evolution

@MGoodlace wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am - and which product would that be ?

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am - well .. truthfully, since Sprint is unable to get that to work on phones that are FULLY capable of VoLTE - and, is not even available in most areas .. why even bother !!

Community Manager

LOL, well that is fake news.  Nearly 30 devices are VoLTE capable and it's available in all but 5 markets. 

@MGoodlace wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am - well .. truthfully, since Sprint is unable to get that to work on phones that are FULLY capable of VoLTE - and, is not even available in most areas .. why even bother !!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I canceled my phone service with sprint on Thursday for this issue

Journeyman

So are you offering a free exchange for one of those devices?
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am - Fake News !! really .. want to explain that to Samsung and why there/my flagship Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U) is NOT compatible with Sprint's VoLTE .. yet this same phone has VoLTE on every other market !!

Explain that one to me before you go crying "Fake News"

Journeyman

Lucky you  jesemalave1..... I am thinking to pay more money and just get out of service.

Hopeless sprint with no network and no support to phones

@jesemalave1 wrote:

I canceled my phone service with sprint on Thursday for this issue

Community Manager

Just because it's not currently active does not mean it is not compatible. 

@MGoodlace wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am - Fake News !! really .. want to explain that to Samsung and why there/my flagship Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U) is NOT compatible with Sprint's VoLTE .. yet this same phone has VoLTE on every other market !!

Explain that one to me before you go crying "Fake News"

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am  - Sorry .. don't believe that. This is right from Sprints VoLTE page:

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/volte.html

The following devices support VoLTE.  Be sure to have device software updated to the latest version to support this feature.

Apple

• iPhone 8, 8 Plus and newer models

Samsung

• Galaxy S8, S8+, S8 Active
  • Galaxy S10 5G
  • Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+
  • Galaxy A10e, A50

LG

• V30+
  • Tribute Empire
  • V50 ThinQ 5G
  • G8
  • Stylo 5

Google

• Pixel 3a, 3a XL

Sprint and our device vendors are currently upgrading select devices to VoLTE.  Going forward, VoLTE will be included on nearly all new device launches.

Now .. I know the Galaxy Note 9 is fully capable of VoLTE - just not on Sprint's antique CDMA network !

Community Manager

Thanks for proving my point.  Just because a device is not active, does not mean it's compatible.  The LG V40 is not on that list, but we have already discussed that is the hold up for the latest software deployment.  Believe me or not, the facts remain the same.

@MGoodlace wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am  - Sorry .. don't believe that. This is right from Sprints VoLTE page:

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/volte.html

The following devices support VoLTE.  Be sure to have device software updated to the latest version to support this feature.

Apple

• iPhone 8, 8 Plus and newer models

Samsung

• Galaxy S8, S8+, S8 Active
  • Galaxy S10 5G
  • Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+
  • Galaxy A10e, A50

LG

• V30+
  • Tribute Empire
  • V50 ThinQ 5G
  • G8
  • Stylo 5

Google

• Pixel 3a, 3a XL

Sprint and our device vendors are currently upgrading select devices to VoLTE.  Going forward, VoLTE will be included on nearly all new device launches.

Now .. I know the Galaxy Note 9 is fully capable of VoLTE - just not on Sprint's antique CDMA network !

Journeyman

I've been in talks with LG and they said they dont have any records that show any recent update issues for Sprint. Sprint is just stalling this Pie update

Journeyman HHA
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am Still using my LGV40 with 8.1 Oreo in October.  I am eligible for annual upgrade but only to a newer LG device. I would like to upgrade to a different brand of phone without having to buyout the remainder of my lease.

Will Sprint make this possible? 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat