Software Version: V405U14a
Release Date: 3/19/2019
Method: Available Over the Air

Fixes:

Android security patch level March 2019

38 REPLIES 38
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ (LM-V405UA) 3/19/2019

Sprint phone means worst service n no updates. Sprint has network which has no 4g and its a new joke they released 5g phone.....lol what a crappy network

GrandMaster

weird seeing as how the manufacturer is the one that kicks those out..the carrier tests them to ensure they wont junk up how they read the network...

for what its worth LG has never been one of the top manufacturers when it came to kicking out updates to their devices...

as for the network..im currently replying to this via my LG G6 while connected to LTE Smiley Wink

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Posted on a thread about updates for the latest update for the V40 while complaining about current updates.  The irony.

Journeyman

tmobile was the last of the major carriers to release pi for this phone,  they did that last friday.  and unlocked who is usually last got it earlier this week.

we get an security update last night , which probably means we are still a week or more  so out from getting pie.   I know LG is slow we should have had it months ago, I don't expect Sprint to be slow.  I see all the customer service complaints over at reddit, and I have it confirmed by the community manager making a snide remark to a user who is unhappy.

way to go sprint

GrandMaster

the carrier can only work as quickly as the manufacturer allows. if there is a delay with kicking out a update its usually due to issues found with that carriers version of it..which means it gets sent back to the manufacturer to be figured out and fixed..and then re tested..wash rinse repeat until it passes THEN it will be kicked out across their network.

were you referring to the poster that came in to talk smack yet never asked for any assistance?

@drekis wrote:

tmobile was the last of the major carriers to release pi for this phone,  they did that last friday.  and unlocked who is usually last got it earlier this week.

we get an security update last night , which probably means we are still a week or more  so out from getting pie.   I know LG is slow we should have had it months ago, I don't expect Sprint to be slow.  I see all the customer service complaints over at reddit, and I have it confirmed by the community manager making a snide remark to a user who is unhappy.

way to go sprint

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

so they couldn't say hey we found an issue so there is a delay?  is that really that hard? and it doesn't matter the guys reason for coming here. An employee should politely apologize for the delay and email someone to see if he can get actual information, he represents sprint, and being a smart-Alec reflects on SPRINT.

Try chatting with customer service, they will either be honest and say they don't know, or they will make up stuff, its fifty-fifty.  check out reddit.com/r/lgv40 for the 10 different screen captures from customer service saying ten different things about when it will be out. 

GrandMaster

there is ZERO info they can really give out..even if they DID know when the release date was going to be they are unable to say so due to the possibility of it getting delayed..which then in turn gets everyone in a uproar because you SAID it was going to be released such and such date..there is a reason there is zero info given.

been this way for about 5ish years now for this exact reason....they USED to give out as much info as they were allowed..but as soon as a date was missed...or even a rough guess date was given and missed there was a uproar.

Journeyman

YOU can always communicate, you don't have to announce a date or even a window, but you can say something like we ran into an issue we are working with LG we appreciate your patience.  Don't tell me they cant say anything, that is total BS. Heck even an announcement, of we are releasing the June security patch due to unforeseen delays with PIE is a better than silence. I saw the update was all excited to be getting it last night, and then it was just the security patch.

Also a pro life tip for you, telling your boss you have no update is INDEED an update, and they will usually appreciate it.

GrandMaster

here is something i can personally tell you...going off the other carriers and the V40... i can tell you that Verizon just kicked out their May security patch for theirs...a couple days ago..so going off the usual way these things work for the last few years once the first carrier that crosses the finish line with an update kicks it out the others follow suit within a couple weeks of each other depending on what all issues they are running into with each carriers add ons etc.

out of curiosity though..which carrier kicks out all this info to their customers?

Journeyman

they just kicked off their may patch, but they got pie on 5/24, we get the june patch but its the patch for oreo 8.1 so we are over a month behind on pie, like i said at this point a hey we had issues we are working on it seems appropriate, especially when att got it on the 12th and tmobile got it last week, but we get a newer security patch for the old OS.  So i do think a hey we are working on it but had issues, thank you for your patience is more than reasonable when people ask.

as far as we know, they aren't even going to give us pie at this point, with the v50 being the sprint lg flagship.

GrandMaster

so Verizon kicked theirs out in May on the 24th...ATT didnt kick out theirs until June 12th and TMO didnt kick theirs out until a month after V...gee..wonder why there could be such a huge difference in release dates?  im no detective but if i were a gamblin man i would guess issues with the carrier add ins that have yet to be resolved or took a pretty good while to get ironed out..

how you believe they should handle this stuff compared to how it actually happens will continue to be a night and day difference...its how they do it.

i ask again though..which carriers kick out this info to their customers? the only one that even remotely gives out any info is TMO and that is only through a part of their site to show the status of where its at (testing etc)...which if it gets bumped back to testing yet again without any warning you get no answers as to why or for how long..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat