cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ (LM-V405UA) 3/19/2019

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ (LM-V405UA) 3/19/2019

i dont think we are working on it,but have had some issues is a lot to ask for .And while I don't have another carrier so i cant answer that, but the answer to crappy customer service should not be, "well the other companies are the same." 

GrandMaster

the point is the delays you are seeing are by far nothing new across the board..there are times Sprint is the first to launch updates and other times not so much..its a coin flip pretty much on whom will kick anything out first..

again this is by far not new.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Wow, I take a day off and the thread blows up.  It was not my intent to come off as snide, just merely making a joke.  For those that were hurt, offended and/or harmed...One thousand pardons.  Except to the one dude that is blowing up my DMs on Twitter.

As far as the Pie update, we are at the mercy of the manufacturer.  They send us a copy we test and if the tests pass, we send it back for deployment.  If they don't, then we send it back to be fixed.  Comparing carriers to carriers is not apples to apples because some are GSM, some are not, some are CDMA, some are not, some have VoLTE, some do not, some have triband, some do not, some have Wifi Calling, some do not, some have X, some do not.  It can go on and on.  We will need to make sure all our moving parts work with the new update or we will get the immediate, "I THOUGHT SPRINT TEST ALL THIS CRAP BEFORE THEY PUSH THEY UPDATE OUT" post.  See Samsung S10 thread.

With all that said, I do not know or have an exact date of the Pie update.  If I were to guess by looking at all the activity, I would say in the coming weeks.  Just my educated guess.

Journeyman

Seriously though! Just purchased the LG v40 thinq and with the most recent update my volume does NOT work at all. It will be the highest it can go and I have to put every call on speaker. VERY F*cking annoying. Been with sprint for 10 years and have had so many issues its ridiculous. I'm done.

Journeyman

RY LG VARIANT IN THE WORLD EVEN 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES HAVE THE 9.0 UPDATE AND ALL THE US VARIANTS OF THE LG V40 HAVE ANDROID 9.0 PIE EXCEPT SPRINT IN THE US. ITS A SHAME. OTHER POOR COUNTRIES THE SERVICE PROVIDERS THAT HAVE LESS MONEY AND 50 TIMES SMALLER THEN SPRINT RELEASED IT. IT WAS PROVIDED TO SPRINT AT THE SAME TIME THAT IT WAS PROVIDED TO ALL THE COMPANIES, AND THEY STILL HAVENT RELEASED IT SPRINT TO OUR LG V40 THEY ARE HOLDING IT BACK AND THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE CONSUMERS. LAST TIME I WILL HAVE SPRINT WHEN MY LEASE IS UP A MONTH BEFORE I WILL PAY IT OFF THE PHONE AND LEAVE.

Journeyman

Comparing carriers to carriers is not apples to apples because some are GSM, some are not, some are CDMA, some are not, some have VoLTE, some do not, some have triband, some do not, some have Wifi Calling, some do not, some have X, some do not.  It can go on and on.  We will need to make sure all our moving parts work with the new update.

Given this statement, it seems that Sprint needs to look into what features are holding their developers up. I find it hard to believe that any of these are unique to Sprint. Considering the great difficulty they are having in releasing quality updates on time, either their development team is garbage or working with a kludge of ancient code spliced together over the years.

Journeyman

I am waiting to get over my freaking 10 months. Man its nightmare....no range in office, in home. Only place I saw top range for sprint is in desert of Utah (really no kidding).

I have no hope that I will see better range or any updates on phone. When saw they released 5g phone I could never stop my laugh

Journeyman

I know. Been waiting for ever spend over 100 dollars a month in the bill for 1 phone that is supposed to be a flashship phone. Every other service provider treats it like a flagship and gives it timely updates. 

Journeyman

SPRINT is beginning to be a real joke !! I came over from Verizon, mainly because of the pricing .. guess I should have researched into Sprint more before I did that change Smiley Sad

I have 2 - LG V40's on my account - waiting for Android Pie - there so called "by end of Q2/2019" is a joke.

I have 1 - Galaxy TAB A 10.5 - same again "by end Q2/2019" for Android Pie - Tablet is still on April 2019 Security Patch !!! NO ONE KNOWS WHATS GOING ON WITH THIS ONE !!!

I have 1 - Galaxy Note 9 - granted, they got Android Pie on this - as this is a flag ship phone, not compatible with Spint's VoLTE !!!  - yet the phone is for ALL other carriers ! The 2 LG V40's have VoLTE, but Beta !!

Don't get me started on signal strength .. nightmare to say the least. Can't get 4G/LTE working properly here in the Cleveland, OH (and suburbs) area .. and yet, announcing 5G !! What another JOKE !

Community Manager

The LG V40 payload has been received, but it is causing problems with one of our products.  It has been sent to the OEM to be addressed. 

Journeyman

Thank you for the new information
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am - and which product would that be ?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat