cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ (LM-V405UA) 3/19/2019

Community Manager

Re: Software Update: LG V40 ThinQ (LM-V405UA) 3/19/2019

I would need your account information to provide an answer.  Answering generally, I am not familiar with an LG only lease.  You should be able to update to any OEM you choose.  PM me your phone number and PIN and I will check your lease status.

@HHA wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am Still using my LGV40 with 8.1 Oreo in October.  I am eligible for annual upgrade but only to a newer LG device. I would like to upgrade to a different brand of phone without having to buyout the remainder of my lease.

Will Sprint make this possible? 

Journeyman HHA
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am Thanks. I will

Community Manager

Got it!

@HHA wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am Thanks. I will

Journeyman

Still using my LGV40 with 8.1 Oreo in NOVEMBER (over one year after its release). I am not eligible for annual upgrade, but have been paying premium flagship lease fees on a device that hasn't even gotten the bare minimum support from Sprint. This is a notice that when my lease ends in March, if there has never been an update, I will demand reimbursement for the premium price I've been paying and not received.

It is unacceptable that the V40 on every other carrier has been on Android 9.0 for seven months and counting (with the VZW V40 slated to get Android 10 in February) yet on Sprint we're being told we'll likely never get an update at all. 

Don't reply to me unless you've got an official release date or unless you're offering a free device switch to another equally premium flagship phone at no cost.

Community Manager

Not exactly sure what you mean by minimum support.  If you call in, email, chat, or post on here you will receive support.  As has been said several times throughout this site, software updates are pushed out by the OEM, in this case, LG.  They send the payload over, we test it and if we find bugs, we send it back.  

@BuryMeAtSea wrote:

Still using my LGV40 with 8.1 Oreo in NOVEMBER (over one year after its release). I am not eligible for annual upgrade, but have been paying premium flagship lease fees on a device that hasn't even gotten the bare minimum support from Sprint. This is a notice that when my lease ends in March, if there has never been an update, I will demand reimbursement for the premium price I've been paying and not received.

It is unacceptable that the V40 on every other carrier has been on Android 9.0 for seven months and counting (with the VZW V40 slated to get Android 10 in February) yet on Sprint we're being told we'll likely never get an update at all. 

Don't reply to me unless you've got an official release date or unless you're offering a free device switch to another equally premium flagship phone at no cost.

GrandMaster

if you only purchase devices for their updates i highly recommend NOT going with LG and switching to a device that doesnt get carrier branding.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat