cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint MCM app - LG G8X ThinkQ

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint MCM app - LG G8X ThinkQ

Just got a new G8X and among the updates it ran was on an app called "Sprint MCM." Can anyone give me some information on what this app is and what it does? Can't find anything about it online.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Sprint MCM app - LG G8X ThinkQ

Hi there! We'd like to get more info about this app. Please send us a screenshot. Does it let you open it? If yes, also, please send us a screenshot of the app once is opened. Make sure it does not have any personal info. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've attached screenshots of the app information in Settings. It's not an app that appears in the App Drawer, so I can't open it. I just had a notification, about an hour or so after I activated the phone and started running the normal update and settings change processes, that it had been updated. 

Sprint_MCM_Screenshot1.jpg

Sprint_MCM_Screenshot2.jpg

Highlighted
Community Manager

Sprint MCM is the Sprint Mobile Content Manager.  In short, it's what makes your Sprint phone a Sprint phone.  During activation, the phone pings our services and asks, "What kind of phone am I?" and the server says "You are a Sprint phone my child and here you go." then the MCM sends the all Sprint-related content. All the Sprint-related apps, features, branding, etc.  Also, it will update those apps and features via the Sprint MCM.  

@KatKane wrote:

Just got a new G8X and among the updates it ran was on an app called "Sprint MCM." Can anyone give me some information on what this app is and what it does? Can't find anything about it online.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat