cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Exploring Deeper Settings of the LG V20

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Exploring Deeper Settings of the LG V20

Capture.JPG

While elegant and simple in it's design and construction, the mighty V20 from LG packs quite a bit under the hood includuing some pretty advanced features around video recording, audio playback and image capture.  Come with us as we go a little bit deeper into the V20 to see what lies just beneath the surface..

First up, let's have a closer look the amazing quad-DAC which is probably my second favorite feature of the V20 after the ticker display.  This essentially drastically soups up the audio output quality via headphones bringing a clarity and quality to music that has to be heard to be believed.  I am not even going to attempt to match the level of detail that some of my fellow Product Ambassadors have achieved in their blogs on the quad-DAC (here and here) and I don't claim to be any kind of audiophile but AM a huge music lover. The better the sound, the more immersed I am in the music and LG did not disappoint with this feature.  It's a major differentiator for them and I hope to see them continue to use this technology in future hardware.

Check it out:

Next up, is the hi-fi audio recording feature that is a subset manual setting in the camera application when taking video.  Once this mode is enabled you can granularly change audio settings such as gain, LCF and LMT, filter wind noise and change the direction of the audio to really hone exactly how you want the audio to sound in your video capture.  It's really amazing once you actually get to play around with it and hear the subtle nuances that these settings bring vs just the default audio capture.

More on this:                                                                         

One more "deep" setting that I quite enjoy is the Steady Record 2.0 mode.  You always hear of blurrycam, usually caused by too much jitter in the frame when taking a video and this mode uses stabilization to reduce motion blur in your video, perfect for capturing your little movie the best you can the first time.

More on this:

Those are just a few of the amazing features hidden within the unassuming LG V20 and it really just scratching the surface of what is possible on the device.  There are tons more settings and modes and you could go so deep down the rabbit hole that we might never see you again.  If so, enjoy yourself way down in the depths of tech!

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat