cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Final thoughts on the LG V20

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Final thoughts on the LG V20

lg-v20-sprint.jpg

I always try to look at a new device with an open mind and no pre-conceived ideas.  This was hard to do with the V20.  I use a lot of phones, but would always go back to my trusty LG G5 because it’s just so perfect, or nearly perfect.  There are a couple of things I’d change here and there, but not much.  The LG V10 came out last year and was well reviewed, but Sprint didn’t carry it.  So I hear one day that the new V20 would improve upon the already awesome audio chipset and include the class leading dual cameras from the G5 and I knew that I wanted to check it out.

Despite already having good feelings about this device before it even shipped, I promise you that I approached this thing as critically as I could.  If there is a problem, I’d tell you about it.  The thing is, it’s pretty perfect.  There might be one or two nagging tiny things but really no deal breakers.

V20 WiFi.pngSo, here is what I have discovered that I don’t like about the V20 after living with it for a couple of months.  First of all, it doesn’t like to release Wi-Fi access points in favor of closer stronger ones.  For instance, if I connect to an AP in my living room then walk to the other side of my house, normally a phone would drop the first AP then connect to the second.  I know exactly why the V20 isn’t dropping the connection; it’s the same reason it doesn’t drop the connection when I go halfway down my block.  The Wi-Fi radio in this thing is awesome.  I get fantastic Wi-Fi connectivity even with weak signals.  Still, LG, if you are listening, here’s how you can make this better.  You know the Wi-Fi icon on the pull down drawer from the top of the phone?  Right now it is merely a toggle to turn Wi-Fi on or off.  Give that the ability to manually select specific AP’s without going into the settings menu and you’ll have a perfect phone. I will admit though, that if I briefly toggle the Wi-Fi button off then on that the phone will actually find and connect to the stronger AP signal, so that’s cool.  Maybe make this hand-off automatic?

Here’s the other thing.  The phone came with only two channel carrier channel aggregation.  Yes, I realize that Sprint’s LTE network is generally faster than anyone else, but wouldn’t it be cool to have three channel carrier aggregation?  Fix this, and you’ll have a perfect phone.  Oh wait, you did, like a week or two ago.  And not just for the V20, but on the G5 too.  Awesome.  Thanks for that.  There is no faster LTE phone than the LG V20.

Here’s a phone with the best overall camera. I’m serious about that.  Every camera has strengths and weaknesses, but overall, I’ve never tested anything as good as this.  Don’t change it.  It’s perfect.  The sound on this thing is insanely great, and yes, it is certainly the best of any phone out there.  Don’t change that; it’s also perfect.  It’s scorching fast with both Wi-Fi and LTE. It has a screamingly fast processor; it’s never choked, hiccupped, paused, locked up, or overheated, nothing.  It’s perfect, don’t change that. The battery is large.  Could it be larger?  Sure, but then it might explode.  This phone has never exploded, so maybe don’t change that.  It has really fast charging, don’t change that. Voice quality is always clear on both ends; don’t change that.  The headphone amplifier supplies enough current to power the thirstiest of full size audiophile headphones, so don’t change that.  It has a real 3.5 millimeter headphone jack; whatever you do, don’t ever change that.  Just fix the Wi-Fi button on the drop down drawer because your Wi-Fi radio is so freaking strong.

Thanks LG, for the world’s first perfect phone.

PS: This incredible phone has a BOGO offer at Sprint right now, so if you haven't already, go get one today at your local Sprint store or from the link below.

https://www.sprint.com/landings/lg-v20/

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat