Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The LG G7 ThinQ

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

The LG G7 ThinQ

Is the unlocked G710ULM going to get a Pie update soon? It still is on 8.0 which is a very big step down from pie on my previous phone. I lost 3hrs of battery on average a day without adaptive battery. I have T-Mobile as a carrier which had the update available on their phones (locked and unlocked) since the beginning of 2019. I have tried all things possible that I could do to update it but it can't update. If it is not going to happen, is it possible to make this phone into another carrier unlocked phone? (EX: Sprint->T-Mobile) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Ok, well if you have the unlocked model and are on T-Mobile then why are you asking for the update on the Sprint Community pages?

The Sprint model is LG-G710PM and is on the software version I mentioned earlier.

I would suggest you take up your concerns with LG directly since it is the LMG710ULM model.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hi @Legndary_G! I know you may be excited about getting this software to enjoy it. Once a new update is available, your phone will alert you or you can go through settings to check this. Have you manually checked for software update? About the battery life, does it consistently display a low charge?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

If you truly have the unlocked model the Pie update was released back in August.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theandroidsoul.com/lg-g7-update/amp/

The Sprint model has yet to receive the Pie update but it does have the November 1, 2019 security update for Oreo. Build number G710P19a (from my phones settings menu)

Highlighted

It charges to 100% but the newest version (pie) greatly extends the life of the phone. It seems its locked counterpart is on a newer version (which could be pie) is there a way to lock the phone to sprint update it then unlock it again?

I have apps that I use that have better support on pie.

Highlighted

It is unlocked because I am currently using a T-Mobile SIM and if it is able to be on a newer version of Oreo my device is unaware of that update and I have gone to a store (Sprint) to get it updated but to no avail.

Edit: That is the model number and I have not gotten a notification of an update but I have software that could help me out with fixing this issue.

Highlighted

The Sprint model can be unlocked to be used on all carriers. There have been reports in the r/lgg7 subreddit that the Sprint model is getting flashed to be an unlocked model but it will not receive updates once flashed. One of the ways you can tell if you have one of these crossflashed models is in the settings menu, go to "About phone" > "Hardware info" if a number populates in the S/N then it is a real G710ULM if it does not then it is crossflashed. If you want to update it then you would have to get the update flashed using the kdz files. I don't know how or where to find those as I don't mess with that kind of stuff.

Highlighted

It is a LM-G710ULM but the method below does not work.

Also, I found a website that has kdz files for all versions of android for LG devices. LG update files

It needs a way to push the updates (LGUP 1.4)

@estradakidz2 

It is G710ULM10g for version.

Highlighted

Ok, well if you have the unlocked model and are on T-Mobile then why are you asking for the update on the Sprint Community pages?

The Sprint model is LG-G710PM and is on the software version I mentioned earlier.

I would suggest you take up your concerns with LG directly since it is the LMG710ULM model.

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat