cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock lg v40 thinq

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlock lg v40 thinq

Hi, I purchased an lg v40 thinq on ebay and after I updated the software it began sending me messages about the phone being owned by sprint and to contact you guys. Could you please unlock it for me? I live in the dominican republic.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Unlock lg v40 thinq

Hello! To have the phone unlocked, it must meet the requirements of our unlock policy: 

• The device is SIM Unlock capable
  • The device must be or have been active on the Sprint network for a minimum of 50 days
  • Any associated Service Agreement (or any Minimum Service Term, where applicable), Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement has been fulfilled including, but not limited to, payment in full of any applicable: 1) early termination fees, 2) accelerated installment or lease payments, and/or 3) end-of-lease purchase options. Because leased devices are not owned by the user, the end of lease purchase option must be exercised and paid in full before the SIM unlock is completed.
  • The associated account is in good standing
  • The device has not been reported as lost or stolen, associated with fraudulent activity, or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
  • If you are not the original owner of the device, you have the original owner's full name or the account number.

I can understand you purchased the device o eBay, but the Sprint account holder's name or Sprint account number is required to locate the account where the phone was active for the last time. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

i also bought an lg v40 on ebay usa last year a new box packed peice ... but when it reached me here in india none of my sims work in it ..

kindly help as i am unable to use it and money is down the drain. 

i also cannot get an unlock code for the device from any unlocker as all ask me to contact sprint..

please do help in these very hard times.. 

My imei no is 

my contact no is *****

daksh

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi! Unfortunately, we cannot unlock this device. For more information you need to contact the previous owner. Please review our Policy here; Hi! Unfortunately, we cannot unlock this device. For more information you need to contact the previous owner. Please review our Policy here; http://sprint.co/2HF8FlH

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in india and do not know any way in which i can contact the owner...

Please help me. And if any cost is to be incurred in getting this unlocked..i am willing to pay... i have no other option...

Request you to cooperate..

Thanks

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Sorry. We are not able to. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat