cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked and on another carrier

Journeyman

Unlocked and on another carrier

Will I get OREO (OTA) after having unlocked my LG G6 and ported to another carrier? I noticed that Android 8 will be out by the end of Q2

1 REPLY 1
Sprint Social Care

Re: Unlocked and on another carrier

That's a great question isthatxavier. Phone updates and send by the manufacture of the devices. So yes, you will be able to get the update whenever it is available. You may need to manually search for available updates.

Android phones:

1. 1- Select Menu > Settings.
  2. Scroll down and select System Updates.

Note: If the System Updates option is not available, scroll down and click on About Phone / About Device > System Update.

3. The options displayed on the System Updates screen will vary. Make a selection for the type of software update shown in the Device Software Database. For Android OS (Operating System) software updates:

• Click Update Android.
  • For Non-Android OS (Operating System) software updates: Click Software Update Firmware / Update Samsung Software / Update HTC. 

4.  The phone will check for an update. On some phones, you will be prompted to click Check Now. A message will  appearif the phone is using the most up-to-date software. Press the Back key to clear this message.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat