cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used lg v20 unlocking

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Used lg v20 unlocking

Ok, are you activating service with Sprint? If not, why have you not tried the SIM for the new carrier?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

No, I'm trying to use mobile data with other sim, not Sprint. 

What do you mean by try the SIM for the new carrier? Sim has only one carrier where it can be used. Otherwise it's roaming from abroad.

Alright, we wouldn't be able to assist you with why another carrier's data isn't working.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Why not? I think it's APN problem. It's not active and I can't change it.

On device that were Sprint, we don't give options to adjust the APN settings. 

Journeyman

Than how mobile data should work without proper APN? Do you unlock for phone calls and sms only?

No, we unlock the phone completely. Sometimes the phone isn't set up for the programs and such other carriers use. 

Journeyman

Would you advise how to set it up for full functionality?
Journeyman

What's the point do not give options to adjust the APN settings for already non Sprint or unlocked phone?

How APN should be set for mobile data use in this case?

Thanks. 

We do not allow the alteration of APN. Not all phones work on all networks. What may work perfectly on Sprint may not work on other networks. Once we successfully unlock the phone for you, Sprint is no longer in control of any aspect of the device unless you happen to have it get relocked back to the Sprint network. Sometimes with LG phones this can happen when you update the device's operating system. If that happens, just reach out to us and we'd be glad to assist.

Once we've successfully unlocked your phone, you need to make sure that your new carrier has your IMEI and your SIM ICCID (for the new carrier) sync'd up on their side so that your phone and SIM register with that carrier network. That is the absolutely point 1 to start at if you are having service issues after getting your unlock completed from Sprint and popping in your new SIM for your new carrier. If your new carrier don't have both of those things tied to your account, you're going to have problems with services not working correctly. Again, you could also have issues with service if the device isn't fully supported on the new network, but that is something you'd have to review with your carrier. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

The phone is supported in a network if it has appropriate frequency bands. All other compatibility discrepancies are just software issues. Thus, wideband phones are supported in all networks.
You are saying Sprint is no longer in control of any aspect of the device when it's unlocked, but in the same time for unknown reasons Sprint wants to block apn settings in the unlocked already non Sprint phone and limit its functionality by disabling mobile data. That is strange to me.
If i can make calls it's for sure my phone and SIM are registered with the carrier's network.

Journeyman

Also, you can check at xda-developers, the guy you unlocked LG V20 could adjust APN without any issues. Why can't you allow me to set APN for mobile data?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat