cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used lg v20 unlocking

Journeyman

Used lg v20 unlocking

Hi so i purchased a used phone from Craigslist that was supposed to be unlocked but i get invalid sim with my at&t sim card.  I know the phone is fully paid off and in good standing.  The imei is clear for activation.  Its a lg v20 so according to Sprints unlocking policy it should have been automatically unlocked after it was paid off since it was sold after 2015. They are manufactured in 2016.  The uicc unlock says authentication error.

Since i don't have contact with the original owner i can't contact customer service since i don't have his account information.

Isnt this unlock policy supposed to free people to resell theyre phone or reuse them once the contract is fullfilled in the first place?  Why shouldn't i as the new owner get to have it unlocked? Even though it should be automatically unlocked already according to Sprint policy.  Can someone please help me?

81 REPLIES 81
Sprint Social Care

Re: Used lg v20 unlocking

Good morning Nickvanexcel. Thanks for reaching out. Let first explain how a device qualifies to be Unlocked. Once a device has fulfilled the Financial obligation or contract tern, the device is sent an unlock update automatically. If at the time the update was sent, the device is Roaming or turned off, the device will not receive the Unlock update. When the device is not automatically unlocked, the account owner must reach out to us in order to create a case and have the update resent. However, we need to review the account to create the case. Without the account PIN, we will not be able to create a case and have the device unlocked.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

Further more, Unlocking a device simply means overriding operational parameters restricting the device to operating on Sprint's network. Even if unlocked, either through an MSL unlock code or a DSU unlock, Sprint devices may not work on another carrier's network. Whether an unlocked Sprint device can be used on another carrier's network is subject to that carrier's policies and network compatibilities. Additionally, Sprint devices, which the owner has attempted to reprogram or activate on another carrier's network or otherwise altered from its initial programming or settings, may not be able to be reactivated on the Sprint network.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So I'm in the same situation except I purchase mine off Amazon and I would like to unlock it so I can use it while I'm deployed here in Kuwait. can you send a link so I can start my case please

Sprint Social Care

Hello Havocpsi, let's take a look into this. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

*Please keep in mind that in order to unlock a device from Sprint's network, there are some criteria it has to meet:
•The device is Domestic SIM Unlock capable
•The device must be or have been active on the Sprint network for a minimum of 50 days
•Any associated Service Agreement, Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement has been fulfilled including payment in full of any applicable early termination fees or end-of-lease purchase options. Because leased devices are not owned by the user, the end of lease purchase option must be exercised and paid in full before the Domestic SIM unlock is completed.
•The associated account is in good standing
•The device has not been reported as lost or stolen, associated with fraudulent activity, or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked.

For more information about our unlock policy, visit: www.Sprint.com/unlock .

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

i have the same situation, can u help me please? 

Tags (1)
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I need to check out the phone and probably submit an unlock ticket, to unlock it again.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Hate to pile onto this thread but I have a similar problem to some previous people here.  I purchased a Sprint branded V20 from Amazon.  It was said to be unlocked but it doesn't seem to be.  Phone shows up as IMEI clear and not reported which is great but as I'm not able to even use the Sprint network (Canada here) , it's just an mp3 player (a good sounding one but still  Smiley Wink

Any help as to how someone in my situation would proceed would be much appreciated.

@dysk0, can you provide the Sprint customer's name, that the phone came from?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint

Unfortunately I was not able to obtain that information. 

One of our unlock eligibility requirements is to have the previous owner's name. We wouldn't be able to proceed without it.  Can you contact the seller through Amazon?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint

I have already and it seems that they have a large quantity of these 'supposedly' unlocked phones. 

Oh well.  Live and learn I guess. Smiley Sad

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat