cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used lg v20 unlocking

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Used lg v20 unlocking

We can take a look and make sure the phone doesn't have any financial obligation, but in order for us to send an unlock code, you'll need to get ahold of a Sprint SIM. You can usually find them online for pretty cheap. You'll need to find one with UICC UPC CZ2114LWQ or Part # SIMGLW416Q. PM me the IMEI of the phone and I'll check to make sure it's in good order to unlock ahead of time. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I sent you my imei. Sorry, but I can't buy the sim. It will take very long time to deliver and it's not quite cheap. Can we use some remote access software for you to sent me the unlock code?

You have to have the SIM in order to have receive the unlock signal. Otherwise, the phone won't get the signal.

Journeyman

It must be possible to unlock it in other way.

I don't have the sim and even if I would, it won't work in Europe, no CDMA service here.

Thanks for your patience. After looking into this device, I see that it's showing as unlock in our system. Please complete the steps below: 

• Open the dial pad of the phone and enter # # 72786 # # (there should be no space between the characters)
  • Select "Yes" when prompted to reset the system setting to factory Default
  • Your phone will restart at least once.  
  • For Most Android: After the phone has restarted go to Settings > System Updates and click the following:
  • Update PRL
  • Update Profile
  • UICC Unlock

Let's give this a try and let me know if the phone fully unlocks on your end. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

All 3 updates from System Updates don't work - "Authentification error. Please try again later"

It's likely that a signal was previously sent but a Sprint SIM wasn't in the phone in order to receive the signal, so our system shows it unlocked despite it not being able to be unlocked for not receiving the signal.

You will have to get ahold of a Sprint SIM that matches the part number or UICC UPC that I provided previously in order to send out a new signal to the phone. 

Journeyman

Greg, what makes you think that Sprint sim will work abroad, if there is no any CDMA service?

Having the phone connected to WiFi will let the signal come through, the Sprint SIM is used as the handshake to accept the signal and work to complete the unlock. We do this for folks who are abroad all the time. 

Journeyman

I did a little digging and the card ending in 663143 would be the same make/model that you would need to unlock a V20. 

Journeyman

Hi.

I tried with that sim, wi-fi connected, network mode on the phoene was set to automatic to unlock the device but it didn't work. I got the same Authentication error during UICC unlock.

Btw, the phone didn't say already invalid sim, just no service and emergency calls only.

Perhaps this sim is blocked or something else that it didn't work. Could you check that sim please?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat