cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used lg v20 unlocking

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Used lg v20 unlocking

Now that you have the Sprint sim can, I can create an unlock ticket.  I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge more info.  

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Hello, I (like many other, apparently) bought an LG V20 from ebay. It is in good standing and has a clear IMEI number. I have a sprint sim card in it. In the auction it was listed as "unlocked", but when I put my Tmobile sim car in, it is not recognized. Could someone please help me? I saw another thread that says to contact @Em_Will_I_Am or @Megntron_Sprint for assistance, but I cannot figure out how to send a PM to them. Please help? I guess I need a UICC unlock code at this point? My phone is on and charged with the Sprint sim card in it Thanks very much!

Journeyman

I thought I would add that I have tried these steps:

• Open the dial pad of the phone and enter # # 72786 # # (there should be no space between the characters)
  • Select "Yes" when prompted to reset the system setting to factory Default
  • Your phone will restart at least once.  
  • For Most Android: After the phone has restarted go to Settings > System Updates and click the following:
  • Update PRL
  • Update Profile
  • UICC Unlock

As with another person, all 3 updates from System Updates don't work - "Authentification error. Please try again later"

I guess I would have the same problem that the UICC unlock code was sent while the phone was off at some point. Could I PM someone my phone's info to start a ticket? Seems like I should be good to go, as I have a Sprint sim card in the phone.

@Cat_Sprint 

@Em_Will_I_Am

@Megntron_Sprint

@OldGreg_Sprint 

@Katey88_Sprint 

Please and thanks very much! I'll keep my V20 charged and on. I have the info off the phone handy and can get the Sprint sim card number as well if it will help.

Journeyman

As I understood, there is no such thing as complete unlock of your phone with help of Sprint. Even after you receive the unlock code, it won't be permanent unlock and the phone might work with other sim card until factory reset is applied. Furthermore after such unlock the phone will be set to limited network band modes, leaving unavailable other bands the phone supports and there still remain Sprint activation app requiring for a specific Sprint account sign in to use voice and data.

With all these drawbacks after receiving unlock code I consider the phone is still locked to Sprint service.

Journeyman

@Sprint_Mayorin wrote:

Hello Havocpsi, let's take a look into this. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

*Please keep in mind that in order to unlock a device from Sprint's network, there are some criteria it has to meet:
•The device is Domestic SIM Unlock capable
•The device must be or have been active on the Sprint network for a minimum of 50 days
•Any associated Service Agreement, Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement has been fulfilled including payment in full of any applicable early termination fees or end-of-lease purchase options. Because leased devices are not owned by the user, the end of lease purchase option must be exercised and paid in full before the Domestic SIM unlock is completed.
•The associated account is in good standing
•The device has not been reported as lost or stolen, associated with fraudulent activity, or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked.

For more information about our unlock policy, visit: www.Sprint.com/unlock .

@Sprint_Mayorin wrote:

Hello Havocpsi, let's take a look into this. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

*Please keep in mind that in order to unlock a device from Sprint's network, there are some criteria it has to meet:
•The device is Domestic SIM Unlock capable
•The device must be or have been active on the Sprint network for a minimum of 50 days
•Any associated Service Agreement, Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement has been fulfilled including payment in full of any applicable early termination fees or end-of-lease purchase options. Because leased devices are not owned by the user, the end of lease purchase option must be exercised and paid in full before the Domestic SIM unlock is completed.
•The associated account is in good standing
•The device has not been reported as lost or stolen, associated with fraudulent activity, or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked.

For more information about our unlock policy, visit: www.Sprint.com/unlock .

@ditto1, I've received your private message also. I'll be working with you through it, to assist with the unlock. While you wait for that message, please review our article on successful unlocks, SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Can someone help me to unlock the device?

Hi there. Are we working with the same IMEI we recently helped you out with? You don't need to put the IMEI here in the thread, we have it on our records here, I just want to make sure it's the same one. If it is, let me know when you have the Sprint SIM in phone, powered on, and connected to WiFi. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Hi Greg.

Yes IMEI is the same. I have Sprint sim pnone powered on with wifi connection now.

Journeyman

Im still waiting

We'll get that unlock sent now. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

The local sim was recognised. UMTS mode is working as well.

Could you please make it to work with factory reset also?
Thanks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat