Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V30+ lost ability to send/receive mms on wifi

Journeyman

Re: V30+ lost ability to send/receive mms on wifi

3:10 pm cst today

Community Manager

LOL!  Not me.  The text you received from the ticket team.  

@TTDINMONEE wrote:

3:10 pm cst today

Journeyman

Has any progress been made on this? This is a big enough issue for me at work that I may need to switch services to get another phone.

I made a ticket and sent a pm a week ago

Journeyman

Nope. No progress. Been meaning to go back to a corporate Sprint store nearby but haven't made it yet. This is really ridiculous to go this long and not have a fix

GrandMaster

did you ever receive a text, email or call from the tech team once the ticket was created?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No I never received any correspondence
GrandMaster

have you contacted LG or Google on this? if im thinking right the texting app and ability to do chat type things using the texting app are through Google..but if some weird change came through that affected wifi then LG would be the one to correct that side of it...there might even be some posts over there about it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes. Never came up with a remedy. Just was resetting this and redoing that but unfortunately it didn't help

Journeyman

I contacted LG some time ago and after checking settings they said it was a network issue

GrandMaster

one other thing you can try is switching the phone into airplane mode..then turn wifi/wifi calling on...then see if it works or not by sending yourself a picture or something..you might be able to not switch it into airplane mode and just turn off mobile data..then do the steps above with wifi/wifi calling and then test to see if you can send to yourself and then receive it.

the thing is the problem is while trying to send mms/receive mms over wifi correct? Sprint isnt in charge of wifi or how the phone handles it...if you were having issues sending/receiving mms over mobile data then sure i can see that..

i have the LG G6 so were running the same texting app as well as its abilities..i live in a area where signal is pretty much bunk and i must rely on wifi/WFC in order to do pretty much anything..

Journeyman

I think someone suggested that and I tried it a while ago but I'll try it again. Have sort of given up except for having the store take a look at it.

Thank you for the suggestion

Journeyman

Yes I've done that. Everything works on airplane mode with wifi calling on EXCEPT mms. That's the big sticking point because I rely on mms at work to communicate with others. I have great wifi but no mobile day. I need to be able to use wifi for mms like I used to be able to
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat