cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V30+ lost ability to send/receive mms on wifi

GrandMaster

Re: V30+ lost ability to send/receive mms on wifi

that right there should be a good point...with airplane mode turned on this shuts down everything on Sprints side and makes you fully rely on the phone and wifi on its own...to me that points at either something not meshing up with the messaging app itself or possibly wifi and what its allowing or not allowing with the phone......actually...you guys have RCS on the V30 right (the ability to see sent/received/read texts etc)?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

actually did yall have wifi calling activated prior to the last update you guys received?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

one other thing i forgot to mention...depending on how lenient your work is (especially when it comes to computers) this also might be an option for right now until this whole deal is figured out.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Buzz-About-Wireless/Send-Text-from-Your-Computer-Your-Boss-is-None-t...

Journeyman

Had tech at Sprint corporate store checkout my phones operation. Ended up telling me it's an LG/phone/update issue. Of course! Fittingly, about 2 and a half months ago, LG told me it's a Sprint issue. 

GrandMaster

OEM'S always auto blame the carrier lol.

Journeyman

FYI-MMS over Wi-Fi stopped working for me on my Samsung S8 Active, probably when I received the VoLTE update.  So it is something with that update across other phones vs. the V30 in particular.

Wizard

Howdy JR53221. I can see how this can be frustrating. It appears that a ticket has to be created to resolve the issue. If you would like a ticket created just shoot me a PM. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
GrandMaster

keep in mind that the RCS (Rich Communication Services) that Samsung uses is their own where the LG line is using Googles...

out of curiosity though...how long ago did this start up for you? beginning of last month or towards the end of last month? this month?

@JR53221 wrote:

FYI-MMS over Wi-Fi stopped working for me on my Samsung S8 Active, probably when I received the VoLTE update.  So it is something with that update across other phones vs. the V30 in particular.

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

keep in mind that the RCS (Rich Communication Services) that Samsung uses is their own where the LG line is using Googles...

out of curiosity though...how long ago did this start up for you? beginning of last month or towards the end of last month? this month?

@JR53221 wrote:

This issue started around November. Right after an Android update

GrandMaster

ah so even further back than the VoLTE update that was pushed out for the S8 Active..the VoLTE one was pushed out in early Jan where a security patch was kicked out late Jan...so your issue came in well before either of those..there is a ongoing thread for the Sammy users running into this.. https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/Check-here-for-Enhanced-Messaging-RCS-implementation-problem... .

Community Manager

Here is where we stand.  I had a user send me logs from his LG.  The logs revealed the device was blocking MMS while on Wi-Fi (no news here) and it appears to be software driven.  When comparing this software version and the previous software version, it appears this software is by designed.  So, we have are currently speaking with LG to determine to items: 

1) Was this intentional and why?

and 

2) Shouldn't this device fall back to mobile to complete the task?

We should have an answer soon.

Journeyman

Thank you for the update

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat