cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail app loses setting menu in the inbox after check for update update installs

Journeyman

Visual Voicemail app loses setting menu in the inbox after check for update update installs

Capture+_2018-01-12-14-42-56_resized.pngCapture+_2018-01-12-14-43-23_resized.pngCapture+_2018-01-12-14-43-52_resized.png

Voicemail app after update install, inbox loses the setting menu. Uninstalling the update in Apps and going back into voicemail shows the setting menu in the inbox. Unfortunately the app then checks for an update and re-installs the update. I lose the inbox setting menu again. I have cleared the voicemail app caches and data, before the update applies. Still lose the inbox setting menu.

Tags (1)
35 REPLIES 35
Sprint Social Care

Re: Visual Voicemail app loses setting menu in the inbox after check for update update installs

Wireman,

Hello! I would like to confirm if the if you do not allow the update to be installed, does the "check for update" disappear? Are you unable to use the app without it? Is it mandatory to install the update?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: Visual Voicemail app loses setting menu in the inbox after check for update update installs

Hi,

You can delay the update once, which I have done each time but then the next time you go into voicemail I am presented with an update that window which is in on of the screenshots that forces the update to run. I would say the voicemail app update is mandatory. Voicemail is still usable but now the setting menu is no longer available. When in the inbox there is no clear method to delete or move messages to the archive folder. You can swipe left or right on a message to get those options. I cannot change notification or other app settings since I do not have that menu option.

Sprint Social Care

Wireman,

It seems that I will need to send this case in particular under investigation. I will reply back as soon as I have updates.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

Wireman,

Hello! Please make sure you have the most current version of VVM which is T.9.0.026, always make sure that all permissions have been granted to prevent issues. Go to settings > Apps > Voicemail > Permissions and ensure they are all on.

Please confirm so we can go from there.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The update that is being sent to my phone is the latest version and all app permissions are

Capture+_2018-01-16-12-34-24_resized (002).png

Sprint Social Care

Wireman,

Archive all your messages so they won’t be lost. Go to the Voicemail Inbox > tap on the message to open > select the three dots in the upper right hand corner > select Archive Message. Do this for all messages you would like to save.

Go to settings > apps > voicemail > storage > clear data. When you tap on clear data you will get this message “All of this application’s data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases etc.” Select Delete and then force stop”.

You will need to reset any settings as you will have reverted back to the default. To reset the settings go to the Voicemail Inbox > click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner (which should be back now that the clear data function was performed) > click on Settings > select the settings to change.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi, If I had the 3 dots in my Inbox screen I would not be asking for your support. What you are asking me to do I have already performed multiple times with no success in getting the 3 dots back after the forced update.

Sprint Social Care

Wireman,

Understood. I will be submitting a ticket regarding this case in order for you to be contacted for further assistance. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Employee

Hello Wireman, I want to make sure we do all re can to help, having it posted here in the Community can help countless people, Which model of phone do you have, which SW version does it have, and is voicemail showing T.9.0.0.26 before it updates to no menu button, or after?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

As it doesn't look like this was ever resolved I thought I would chime in as I have the same issue.

Model number: LG-LS993

Software version: LS993ZVA

I lose menu functions with the T.9.0.0.26 update. If I roll back the update menu functions return. Clearing cache/data does not solve the issue.

Thank you for your help. Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Journeyman

I never got a resolution fix for this issue, Sprint said it was a corrupt credential token and they pushed a fix to my account but it did fix the missing menu. Waiting for an upgrade to the voicemail app they said might come out at the end of march.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat