cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail app loses setting menu in the inbox after check for update update installs

Community Manager

Re: Visual Voicemail app loses setting menu in the inbox after check for update update installs

I typically post update notes when I get them @Wireman and @BS_1  I'll be looking for these for you.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Re: Visual Voicemail app loses setting menu in the inbox after check for update update installs

Did you ever get a fix for this?  I am having the same issue now on my Galaxy Note 8.  Voicemail Version T.9.0.1.19

Journeyman

This issue was never fixed on my end. LG G6. Voicemail version T.9.0.1.19 as well.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

@-AVK- and @BS_1, I'm going to get tickets submitted for you to see what we can get fixed on this. I'm sending you both a private message. Please get back to me at your convenience.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I'm also having this issue on my Samsung Galaxy S7. An update went through, and now there's no menu icon on any screen in the default Voicemail app.

Voicemail Version T.9.0.2.10

Phone Model Number SM-G930P

Android Version 8.0.0

I've had nothing but problems with this app since I got this phone, and I'm disappointed that it's Sprint's choice for managing voicemail (aside from the traditional method of just calling in), especially since it requires a subscription just to get rid of the advertising (a "feature" I feel should not be in default apps). It's been buggy at best, and there has *got* to be a better option out there.

Journeyman

LGLS992 (G5)

Android 7.0

LG Software version LS992ZVF
Voicemail version T.9.0.2.10

This has been driving me batty for months. I can't count how many times I've tried rolling the app back to factory, and had it work very briefly, only to have it force an update and I lose my menus again. 

And the first time I tried to fix it, I lost the ability to delete a voicemail at all after the update. If I held down on a voicemail in the list, and highlighted it, the garbage can icon wouldn't even display. And since the ability to delete within an individual message is on our missing 3-dots menu, I was unable to delete any voicemails until I rolled the app back again. 

Which is why it took so long to find this thread. I kept framing it in my searches as a deleting problem not a menu problem. I hope someone has an idea what the problem is soon. I struggle enough to manage the storage space on my phone. I really do not want to have to get an alternate voicemail app from the Play store.

Journeyman

This issue has been resolved on my end! I had a few applications that needed to be updated via the Play Store. One of which was Carrier Services. Could that have solved the issue? Might be worth checking!

LG G6

Android 8.0

LS993ZVC

Voicemail T.9.0.2.10

Journeyman

Unfortunately "Carrier Services" doesn't appear to be a thing on my S7.

Journeyman

Nothing called Carrier Services on my LG G5 either. And all of my LG software is up to date. Not sure how a third-party app from the store could cause this problem, but I let my phone auto-update almost everything at night, automatically. I know there's risks in that, but I also have two different apps backing up my phone weekly - when I found out what a pain it is to transfer data off of a phone whose wifi chip is burned out, I got very into backing up.

Right now, the only pending updates in the Play store are Tumblr and Ebay. I feel fairly confident in saying neither of those is the culprit. Smiley Happy

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I agree with you @KatKane, those apps shouldn't be effecting the voicemail. I have an email out to our Tech Team for further assistance with this issue. I'll be getting back with you next week.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I am experiencing the same issue with my google pixel 3 phone.  I downloaded the sprint Visual Voicemail app and the settings menu is not visible.  I followed all of the suggestions in this message thread, but no luck.  The version installed is: T.9.0.2.10.  I have no options to click on accept to read and delete email.  The option to check for an update is also gone.

Wizard

Hey there @RCGobble. Sounds like I need to get a ticket to our tech team. I'll send you a PM so I can get some info from ya.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat