cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail app loses setting menu in the inbox after check for update update installs

Journeyman

Re: Visual Voicemail app loses setting menu in the inbox after check for update update installs

I'm having same issue.  Seems likes it's been over a year and no resolve..

Re: Visual Voicemail app loses setting menu in the inbox after check for update update installs

Hi BGillespie777! What version of the Visual Voicemail app is installed on your device?

I updated and it appears to be working now.  Thanks. T.9.0.2.10

Good to hear! Let us know ASAP if you run into that issue again! 

@Sprint_Kryshna wrote:

Wireman,

Hello! I would like to confirm if the if you do not allow the update to be installed, does the "check for update" disappear? Are you unable to use the app without it? Is it mandatory to install the update?

Voicemail is still usable but now the setting menu is no longer available. When in the inbox there is no clear method to delete or move messages to the archive folder. You can swipe left or right on a message to get those options. I cannot change notification or other app settings since I do not have that menu option.

Journeyman

Same problem here.  No menu, no delete button, etc.

LG V30+

Version T.9.0.2.10

Journeyman

I ended up un-installing and installing to version you show and it fixed it.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hi mbertrand01. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app like Bgillespie777 did to see if that helps? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

@OldGreg_Sprint I did not uninstall because I don't see how to uninstall it.  Unlike other apps which have an "uninstall" button, the voicemail app doesn't show an "uninstall" button under the app info.  There is an option to uninstall updates, though.  Should I choose "uninstall updates"?  Thanks.

Go ahead and give that a try and let me know how it works out!

Journeyman

@OldGreg_Sprint  I uninstalled updates and it reverted back to the factory default app.  But then I was immediately presented with the update notification.  Update installed and so far my 3-dot menu appears to have returned.  Only time will tell if it stays or disappears again.

Thanks for your assistance.

Glad it worked out, head back here and let us know if anything gets wonky again!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat